Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Day
Wales
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
flag msg tools
mb
I have just played tonight using a morale system that was developed by someone (apologies I don't know who you are) for Battle Cry - and they work just great.

When a unit is activated you have to take a morale test if you have taken casualties.

1 KIA - throw I die
2 KIA - throw 2 die
3 KIA - throw 3 die

The 1st flag thrown - the unit refuses to act, any other flags are taken as retreats. If a unit retreats it cannot return fire

Played with.....
A hand of 6 cards (or scenario number) replenished only when all are played
2 Commanders on the board (+1 to fire, ignore 1st flag)
Return fire - fired upon unit gets to return fire at -1 die, once only per card play
Simultaneous card play with alternate unit activation

All worked out VERY well and seemed to take a lot of the luck out of the game - you need to play more tactically when you know your units can take as well as give fire.

Need to think about supressing fire now

I posted this on m44platoon forum also for those who go there also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Moscrop
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re:Morale
pauld895 (#462628),

I'm not isre I like this idea personally. Sometimes it's hard enough to draw the cards to order the units you want order. To throw in a further restriction might be too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Day
Wales
Llandrindod Wells
Powys
flag msg tools
mb
Re:Morale

If you use the return fire rules explained elsewhere then no unit is ever entirly useless (this is another clever additional rule)

Also the chance of a flag is quite small with low casulties, but with more then the unit may even retreat whch seems entirely credible to me.

In the games I have played this rule added to the fun and has never been a problem - unlucky on the odd occaision when a unit doesn't do what you want it to - but hey, c'est la guerre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.