R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the 1995 board game version of "The Ungame" as a school counselor all the time in a K-8 setting.

I always find it amazing how readily kids will open up and answer the questions.

Even my middle school kids, while they don't like the board game version as much, Love this game. We'll have a circle sharing group where each person will answer a card for one round, then each student will get the opportunity to make a comment on those answers for the next round. I have some tough kids that frequently ask me when the next time will be when they can come and play this game because it feels so good to open up like this game encourages them to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
Watch Out For Snakes!
badge
I stand only to defend my own and reclaim what is ours.
mbmbmbmbmb
I see this item gets a lot of hate here on BGG, and honestly I can understand that people just don't "get" its purpose. It's a therapy tool, plain and simple. It takes the guise of a game, but, the part that confuses most BGGeeks, is that there is no clear 'end game' or 'win conditions' and for its purpose there doesn't need to be either of those. Opening up and talking about your feelings or exploring your emotions is a daunting and alien concept for a lot of people. I'm not making a slight at anyone here, but some people are just not comfortable with opening up (myself included).

I have some semi-fond memories of the Ungame from a period in my life when I faced a lot of instability. I think it helped, not only myself but others who were in a similar situation, especially over the last 40 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.