Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got Viking Fury (love the cloth game board!) and want to gussy the components up a bit (3d-viking ships, better gold coins, new ship cards, trade items, etc.)

I would also like to add the optional Rune cards that came in Fire & Axe, and have been able to find the title and text of 8 of them from the file posted by superjoseph. Is that file missing a card, or is one of them duplicated to make the listed total of 33 Rune cards? Here are the eight that superjoseph lists and translates:

Tailwind
Mark of Loki
Renege
Debt of Honor
Revolt
Sea Monster
Answered Prayers
The Punishment of the Gods

I would love to know what that ninth card is.

I've also seen the nice expansion card set by Kevin Rohrer and may add some of them to the mix.

As for ships, I'm going to troll the wargaming sites for some suitable hulls, maybe use Zvezda plastic figures for crew, things like that. I'll post what I come up with here.

If you have any suggestions for pimping Viking Fury, please let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolvenwood wrote:
If you have any suggestions for pimping Viking Fury, please let me know.

You could buy Fire & Axe and get all that.

If no one has already broken out their cards and answered your question when I get back, I will. You've just caught me on my "one last check before I head out the door."

But I couldn't resisit the obvious comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to buy F&A. The going rate is just too steep. As I type I've got Warrior Knights cities and Conquest galleons on the dishcloth board and they look pretty good. Thanks for helping on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 9 cards marked as advanced in my copy.

7 unique

Punished by the gods
Granted prayers
Sea monster
Revolt
Honor debt
Vengeance
Mark of Loki

Plus two duplicate cards where one copy is marked with a red diamond and the other is not

Poor seamanship
Rebellion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. That clears up the card part. I know it's more to ask, but would anyone mind putting the exact English text for these cards up here for posterity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Punished by the gods
Choose a Viking. He must discard all of his rune cards.

Granted prayers
Choose a rune card from the discard pil and add it to your hand.

Sea monster
Choose a longboat in the sea or river tile. Roll a die for each crewman on the board. Every result of 4 or more means the loss of a crewman figurine.

Revolt
Choose a settlement. Roll a die. One a result equal or higher than 4, the crewman figurine is removed and the settlement disappears. (The "one" is a typo on the actual card)

Honor debt
Choose a Viking. That player must give you a settlement of his choice. Replace his crewman figurine with one of your.

Vengeance
[red text] Play this card after you have just raided a city, after uncovering its treasure. [black text] You double the value of the treasure from the city you have just raided.

Mark of Loki
Pick a longboat currently in a port. Discard one of the goods counters it contains.

Poor seamanship (x2)
Move another Viking's longboat one space to an adjacent sea, river or port.

Rebellion (x2)
Choose a Viing settlement. The Viking who owns it rolls ONE die. If the scor is greater than the value of the port, the settlement survives; otherwise it is removed.

[red text] Note: The value of the port is reduced by one if a goods token is present.

Here is the text from the rulebook concerning these cards:

Some card have red diamonds (D) in their titles. These cards strongly change the course of the game and must only be used by players who want a high level of interaction (see inset in the "game setup" section). These were not available in the original edition of Fire and Axe.

The referenced inset:

The cards with red diamonds in their title are reserved for players who want a greater interaction and chaos in their games. These cards were not in the original edition of Viking Fury and you can very well play without adding these to your rune deck.

I think that's everything for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pickard
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, that looks like exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.