Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. What is the meaning of the Hill 317 rule? If I play a Left Flank recon card can it be treated as a Air Power stike? And if yes, is it an Air Power strike in the Left Flank (ie. 'that section' refers to the card's section) or the Right Flank (ie. 'that section' refers to Hill 317's section)? I have assumed the former (Left Flank) since if the latter was meant they could have used 'the right section' to be more clear. But I'm not sure.

2. Can Armor or Infantry Take Ground into the hills? I have assumed not since Hill movement is '2 hexes' in this scenario - but again I'm not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Operation Luttich - Two Questions
mjwills (#462819),

1. Clarification of the special rule in Operation Luttich regarding airpower/recon. The special rule says that recon cards can be played as an airpower card in that section.

This could be interpreted in a number of ways, as stated recently on the Memoir'44 Forums :-

#a. A recon card in ANY section (left, center or right) can be used as airpower in any section.
#b. A recon card in any section can be airpower, but the airpower strike has to be limited to the corresponding section.
#c. A recon card in any section can be airpower, but the airstrike has to be on the right flank where the hill is located.
#d. A right recon card is the only one that can be used as Airpower, but the strike may be in any section.
#e. A right recon card is the only one that can be used as airpower, but the strike must be in the right section.

#b - was suggested as the correct answer.

This has not yet been ratified (officially) but seems a 'sensible' interpretation. My group certainly plays it this way.

2. Again some clarifications from the MM'44 forums that may help with the question of taking ground into these '2 hex movement' hills...

Q: Can you issue a "Close Assault" Command from a hex below hill 317?

A: Yes. A close assault is any combat where the two units are adjacent each other, regardless of terrain (page 8 of the rules).

Q: According to special rules, movement onto hills is two hex so...you would not be able to take ground.

A: Taking ground is considered an additional movement to normal movement rules. See page 3 of the FAQ on taking ground for a more precise explanation of this.

Hope these pointers help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Operation Luttich - Two Questions
mjwills (#462819),

Further to the taking ground question, I should have also said...

The FAQ specifically states that taking ground up a cliff in the Pointe-du-Hoc scenario is allowed. Since this is also a two-hex move, I would imagine it is allowed in Operation Luttich as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.