Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Rosielle
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hello.

Just played my first game. A couple of questions:

1) Round 1. I move my first family member to the wood "action."

Do I immediately take the wood and put into my supply? (e.g. So I could use my wood with my 2nd family member during the same round?)

2) My reading of the rules is that only one family member (regardless of who owns the family member) can "be on" or use an action per round.

Is that correct?

e.g. Round starts - I put my family member on the "1 occupation" action. During the same round could my opponent place their family member on the occupation action?

Any exceptions?

Thanks so much. This is such a helpful community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, take the wood and put it into your supply. You can use the wood for whatever purposes from hereon.

2) Yes, that is correct. Under normal circumstances, only one family member can be on an action space per round. There may be occupations/minor improvements that allow you to use an action space where other players are already on them. One example would be the Guest Worker of the Z deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
calamityphysics wrote:
Hello.

Just played my first game. A couple of questions:

1) Round 1. I move my first family member to the wood "action."

Do I immediately take the wood and put into my supply? (e.g. So I could use my wood with my 2nd family member during the same round?)

Yup, you take it right away and now have wood for your next family member.

calamityphysics wrote:
2) My reading of the rules is that only one family member (regardless of who owns the family member) can "be on" or use an action per round.

Is that correct?

e.g. Round starts - I put my family member on the "1 occupation" action. During the same round could my opponent place their family member on the occupation action?

Yes, only one family member (of any color) per space. So your opponent cannot do that

calamityphysics wrote:
Any exceptions?

Except when a card says otherwise. I believe there is a occupation card in the I or K deck in which you can play your family member on a space that is occupied.

And technically in family growth you take an additional family member from your supply and put it on the action space along with your current one.

calamityphysics wrote:
Thanks so much. This is such a helpful community.

You're welcome!

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Ng
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Auntie
badge
说了又不听,听了又不懂,不懂又不问,问了又不做,做了又做错,错了又不认,认了又不改,改了又不服,不服又不说,那你要我怎麽办?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also another card called "Opinion Leader" under O-Deck which allows the person who played the occupation to choose a space which all players can subsequently place their family member on. And the best thing is it can be changed after each round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.