Hide
3 Posts

Anima: Shadow of Omega» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john doe
msg tools
I bought Anima: Shadow of Omega the other day and had some questions on the rules.

1. Can players ever discard their advantage cards in order to make room for new ones?

2. If a reward, encounter card (such as the Inn), or advantage card (betrayal) allows you to recruit (or steal) a character and you are already at 4 characters in your party, what happens? Can you trade out one of your guys for the new one?

3. The way I understand it, you have to move, explore a new horizon or rest on each turn. If you rest, you have to leave the area you are in. This seems to imply that you can't stay in an area for more than one turn. Does this also apply to missions? The resistance missions seem to require you to stay in the same place for multiple turns. Are they the exception to the rule?

4. How many times can you explore an area on the same turn? Can you just keep exploring on the same turn until something stops you or you decide you are done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico B
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my current understanding:

1. Yes, you may discard any number of Advantage cards from your hand during the Reset phase, as described on page 8 of the rulebook.

2. You don't get to recruit a character. Basically, the reward does nothing for you. If you intend to recruit a new character during a turn, you should discard one of your existing characters during the Reset phase, as described on page 8 of the rulebook.

3. You only have to choose one of those three options if you declared at the end of your actions in the Reset phase that your party is moving (and as described on page 9 of the rulebook, if your party intends to move you MUST declare it at the end of your actions in the Reset phase). You explore the area once each turn that your party is there unless your party is there for a resistance mission. In that case, you don't explore the area each turn, you simply stay there until you either complete the mission or you are expelled (defeated by a creature or by another party during the Interaction phase). If you are expelled during a resistance mission, you must start it over again.

4. You explore once per turn. You may choose to stay in that area next turn and explore it again (unless you've started a resistance mission as your reward, see above). Note that you may not recruit characters in the same area on consecutive turns.

I'm not sure what the BGG etiquette says about "thread jacking" but I also have some questions about Anima:

1. The rules explicitly state that Plot-type Advantage cards take immediate effect and don't stay in play unless otherwise stated, but say nothing about Ability-type Advantage cards. Do Ability-type Advantage cards stay in play by default?

2. The rules describe how the player with the least number of Advantage cards may take one of the Advantage cards discarded by the other players during the Reset phase. Does this happen at the end of the entire phase or as each player is doing their actions for the phase? What about recruiting discarded characters?

3. May a player choose not to reveal the Final Mission after completing his/her SECOND Basic Mission? That would be odd because if all players chose not to reveal the Final Mission after their second mission, the endgame would never happen since the players only get two missions each game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CLARENCE TAN
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey Enrico, here's how I understand them...

1. All advantage cards, unless they are attached, or are traps/incidents/organizations/factions/artifacts/things that suggest they stay on (dragon tattoo, romance, leading role, magical item), are used and discarded. That means "aura of death" lasts for the battle you play it in, not for the whole turn.

2. In the reset phase only does a player with the least char or adv cards pick up respective cards discarded in that phase. In the rule book, ties for lowest get nothing, but I personally prefer a dice rolloff so that at least somenone gets something.

3. You can choose not to reveal the final mission after completing all of your basic missions if you still want to buff up. Hypothetically, the game could go on forever, but I'm guessing someone in your group would want to bring it to an end =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.