LotB 2002
Netherlands
Utrecht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you should have 16 disks.

your deal is with the shopowner. it is his responsibility to deliver you a proper product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeVo wrote:
you should have 16 disks.

your deal is with the shopowner. it is his responsibility to deliver you a proper product.

I always thought it (and still think the buck should stop with the shop if the publisher doesn’t play ball) comes down to the shop you purchased it from but more often than not after being passed to the publishing company the matter is resolved by them posting you the required parts. Out of say the 10 times I’ve had problems with game parts 9 of those times have been solved by the publishing house.

I think it’s more a case of the shop not actually having the parts to give you. I’m sure they could play middle man and request them from the publisher and then post them on to you but that wouldn’t be the cheapest and most efficient way.

Contact both I’m sure there is a good chance the shop owner will pass you on to the publisher and they will be happy to sort you out, the publishers normally are. If they don’t then I’d head back to the shop because I feel it is their responsibility. I’m sure both don’t want a fuss kicking up over a few pence worth of wooden discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I bought Tigris and Euphrates a while back it was missing all of the small green cubes. A quick (and I do mean quick) phone call to Mayfair Games put the whole thing to rest immediately. They mailed me the cubes I needed with no questions and no hassle. I received them quickly (a matter of a few short days) and was up and running.
I couldn't have been any happier with the experience. There was no wait or automated answer to their customer service line and the woman who answered was both helpful and knowledgeable (she actually seemed to know off the top of her head how many green cubes there should have been).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.