Popular Tags: [View All]
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 3, Rulebook Paragraph 7 wrote:
After a hit you can place a volley block instead of retreating from the net. Mounting a block costs you two steps of the usual five your monkey is allowed to move after a hit

Does this mean that after I hit my ball i have to choose either to place a block and not move at all or do i still have 1-3 steps before i place my block(which costs 2 points)(but i can only use them to move forward).
By retreating does this mean that i can still move forward and place my block or that i cannot move at all?
It doesn't say that i can't use the volley block if i am restraint. So i can still use the volley block even if i have used 9 points to reach my ball.

Page 4, Rulebook Paragraph 11 wrote:
The monkeys are part of the game and sometimes influence the position where the ball comes to a halt. Regardless of this, the one who played the ball is responsible for the outcome.

I don't get it. What happens if i hit my opponents monkey with my ball?
What happens if
- after the ball hits a monkey gets out of the field,
- hits the monkey and come back to my field again
- hit the monkey and change course but remains in my opponents field?

Page 3, Rulebook Paragraph 8 wrote:
When the ball hits the blosvk and comes to a rest on the opponent's half, your opponent removes the block and the game continues.

The opponent removes the block immediately for free or does he still have to wait for his turn and pay the 2 step cost to remove the volley block?

Page 3, Rulebook Paragraph 9 wrote:
Use the lob ramp to play a lob. All rules apply.

I know it's a silly question but i just want to make sure. What happens if my ball climbs the ramp but then falls and hits the volley block? It's exactly like hitting the volley block in a normal way?

Page 3, Rulebook Paragraph 10 wrote:
You can smash, when your monkey is on hexfield that is at least halfway into the front of the court and under no constraint.

I know it's a silly question but i just want to make sure. As long as i can reach my ball with my 6 move points and my monkey (not the ball) is at least halfway into the front i can make a smash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You have 5 steps to use after hitting the ball. So you can spend from 0 to 3 steps to move and then spend 2 steps to place a block (you can't place the block and then move).
After your opponent hits the ball you must first spend 2 steps from the usual 6 to remove the block and then you can use the remaining steps to move.

2. It doesn't matter if the ball touches your monkey or not. If the ball goes out your opponent loses the ball.
(This rule prevents your opponent from cheating by aiming the ball at your monkey and sending it out of bounds.)

3. If you hit the block your turn ends immediately (since you lose any remaining steps). So the opponent pays 2 steps to remove the block and continues his turn normally.

4. It's exactly like hitting the volley block in a normal way.

5. Your monkey has to be at least halfway into the front part of the court.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michail Giannis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the first question the key word was retreat and what exactly means. It says retreating: The way i see it, it means that i can only spend 0-3 steps only to go forward if i wanna use the block. Otherwise it's like any other 5 steps however i want.

Oh and about the third question are you really sure that it's not for free the removal of the block? I only mean in case i hit the block so that my opponent removes it for free otherwise he has to spend 2 points in his turn to remove it.

Thanx Geo anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MountainRoot wrote:
About the first question the key word was retreat and what exactly means. It says retreating: The way i see it, it means that i can only spend 0-3 steps only to go forward if i wanna use the block. Otherwise it's like any other 5 steps however i want.

Oh and about the third question are you really sure that it's not for free the removal of the block? I only mean in case i hit the block so that my opponent removes it for free otherwise he has to spend 2 points in his turn to remove it.

Thanx Geo anyway.

To clarify movement:
1. When you hit the ball: you have 5 steps. Every move costs 1 step.
2. When your opponent hits the ball: you have 6 steps but different movement costs depending if you move forward/backward sideways/backward.

Since you place the block in case (1.) there are no "retreat" moves.
The rulebook says "retreat from the net" because you usually want to place the block when you are near the net (making it harder for the opponent to pass the ball without hitting it).

The removal of the block is not free. You still have to spend 2 steps. Only your opponent loses his remaining steps if he hits the block.
The penalty of 2 steps to place and 2 steps to remove the block is the extra effort required from your player trying to block the opponent's hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.