♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the first Mad Libs contest. The results were interesting, and now that the list has dropped off the front page of the Geek, I tallied up all the votes and am now ready to announce the winners!

Brian Benston (bbenston) took first place with a total of 6 votes for his raucous session report on Ticket to Ride. Graphic descriptions and delicate wordplay contributed to his success, so he's taking home 5GG for his efforts. Congratulations, Brian!

Jody Morgan (jodyjm13) takes second place with 5 votes toward her session report of Kapitän Wackelpudding. Taking a cue from the title of the game, she picked some clever words that one would usually only hear in a conversation between Joe Gola and Chuck Blahous and came up with something akin to jabberwocky. Nicely done, so she will receive 3GG for her contributions. Congratulations, Jody!

Chad Krizan (Chaddyboy_2000) rounds out our winners in third place, with a fine example of a Mad Lib gone horribly, horribly wrong ... at least, if you're under 18. Otherwise, it's a great example of how to play Connect Four with the opposite sex and still find something fun to do. He will receive 2GG for his session report, and likely use it to buy postage for that letter to Penthouse he's been composing. Congratulations, Chad!

Thanks again to all who participated. Thanks to Jason Little, the Mad Libs will continue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first round was a lot of fun -- congrats to all the winners! And thanks to Isaac for running the show... I've just posted the second round, Mad Libs Part Deux: The Game Reviews!!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh -- I got lucky.

Besides, you never go wrong in comedy with the words "trout", "itchy", or "loincloth".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Morgan
United States
Fancy Gap
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words and the GeekGold; I had fun making my entry and reading them all. Still, I feel I should point out that I'm male. There's no need to apologize or anything, since I'm used to the confusion, and I probably unintentionally exacerbated the situation by using Jody Ludwick (jody) as my female gamer. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
jodyjm13 wrote:
Still, I feel I should point out that I'm male.

Even as I was typing out the results, there was a nagging question in the back of my mind -- What if Jody's a guy?

Sorry about that....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.