Andrew Agard
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Times Up Easter edition

Let’s see how many of the names I can remember form last nights game…

1. George Bush
2. Henry David Thoreau
3. Donte
4. Aphrodite
5. Jesse Jackson
6. Jesse Owens
7. Ginger Rogers
8. Nick Cage
9. Frank Capra
10. Frank Roosevelt
11. Jack London
12. Leo Tolstoy
13. Jolly Green Giant
14. Scooby Doo
15. Babe Ruth
16. Joe Dimaggio
17. Diana Ross
18. Washington Irving
19. James Taylor
20. The Wizard of Oz
21. Charles Darwin

Only 21! I’ll need to work on my memory I guess. Time’s Up is a party game played in teams. Each game is played with a different deck of 40 cards each with a name on it. The game is kind of like Taboo or Catch Phrase in that one team member has to get the others to guess the name on the card. The team that guesses the most wins. The difference is that there are three rounds. In the first you can say about anything to get them to guess. In the second round the clue giver can only say one word and the guesser(s) can only take one guess. In the third round you can’t say anything only make sounds and gestures. The key to the game is that the same 40 cards are used each round so you get accustomed to the names as the game gets harder.

Teams:
Team 1: Sister’s boyfriend’s parents
Team 2: Sister’s boyfriend (Rob) and his brothers
Team 3: My fiancée (Donna) and myself
Team 4: My parents and my sister

Round 1:
My sister’s boyfriend’s Mom started things off after I explained the rules. Her first card was Jesse Owens and the only clue she could come up with at first was a black athlete. That didn’t really narrow it down and everyone busted up laughing. Unfortunately you can’t pass in the first round and she couldn’t recover to pull that one off before time expired. After everyone got the hang of it, the first round went pretty quickly with Rob and his brothers taking the early lead after busting off about 8 in one timing session.

Scores:
Team 1: 7
Team 2: 16
Team 3: 7
Team 4: 10

Round 2:
Some of the highlights from round 2: My mom doing a great impression of Nick Cage getting slapped in Moonstruck. Although I think it was a little too good because she left a red mark. Also Rob’s mom did a good wheel chair impression for FDR and the only clue she needed for Jesse Owens card was black. So she was able to gain something from that round 1 mishap.

Cumulative Scores:
Team 1: 19
Team 2: 30
Team 3: 17
Team 4: 15

Round 3:
Rob’s mom was getting pretty excited at this time which led to some pretty hilarious clues. I especially liked her monkey impression for Charles Darwin. Also, I got the chance to slap my on face when I gave the Nick Cage clue. My girlfriend and I cheated a little since we were so far behind by discussing some of the clues while other teams were going. So for us Frank Capra became the Chupacabra those crazy creatures that suck goat blood. That gave me a great chance to do an impression of a Chupacabra. Not something you get to do everyday. In the end it was Rob and his brothers in a runaway. Everyone had a blast though.

Final Scores:
Team 1: 27
Team 2: 41
Team 3: 26
Team 4: 27

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Good session report. thumbsup

However, no matter how far behind you are, I cannot condone your "somewhat cheating". One of the very best parts of this game is NOT discussing the clues. The game is much more entertaining this way.

Plus, I closed my eyes scrolling through your list of names. I suppose I don't HAVE to read the session reports, but I prefer not to have much advance information about the names in the box.

Good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.