James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
flag msg tools

Right after his untimely December 1996 death, I belatedly discovered that eccentric 1960s folk/pop singer Tiny Tim had then-recently just released a Christmas album on the Rounder Records label called simply "Tiny Tim's Christmas Album." So, it was a tragic irony to learn that Tiny Tim have died right before Christmas when his new Christmas album had come out.

Having then been in the midst of my own recovery from the "Christmas Macarena" -- yes, the holiday version of that year's dance-craze hit -- I thought it was even sadder that Tiny Tim hadn't lived long enough to deliver a holiday version of his own top hit, "Tiptoe Through The Tulips".

For the uninitiated and the nostalgic, here's a YouTube link worth checking out of Tiny Tim singing his hit song back in the 1960s.

So, as both a nostalgic tribute to him and an effort to realize what Tiny Tim might might otherwise well have possibly have considered doing, I composed "Tiptoe 'Neath The Mistletoe" in tribute to his quirky flower-power goodness.

"Tiptoe 'Neath The Mistletoe With Me"
A Yuletide Tribute to the Memory of the Late Singer Tiny Tim
Lyrics (C) Copyright 1996 By James W. King (jameswking@aol.com); All Rights Reserved.
(Sung to the tune of the late Tiny Tim's signature theme song "Tiptoe Through The Tulips")

Tip-toe__ to the portico__ ;
By the portico__ , that's where I'll be_ ;
Come tip-toe__ 'neath the mistletoe__ with me___ .

Tip-toe__ from your pillow__
to the light-glow__ of our Christmas tree_
and tip-toe__ 'neath the mistletoe__ with me___ .

Knee_ deep__ in snowdrifts we'll stray__ ;
We'll_ keep__ those Grinches away__ !

And if I kiss you__ by the chimney__
by our stockings__ , will you pardon me_ ?

Come tip-toe__ 'neath the mistletoe__ with me____ ! ....

Repeat Chorus.

> Portico = Archaic word for "Porch" (which seems appropriate enough since "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" originated from another era altogether, the 1929 musical "Gold Diggers of Broadway")

> "We'll keep those Grinches away" = A good excuse to sneak out late Christmas Eve, stay up, snuggle and do whatever comes naturally after tiptoeing 'neath the mistletoe.

It's Time To Celebrate A Tiny Tim Christmas!

"Rudolph The Red Nosed Raindeer" by Tiny Tim

"The Christmas Song" by Tiny Tim

"Silent Night" by Tiny Tim

"All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" by Tiny Tim

"O Come All Ye Faithful" by Tiny Tim

"White Christmas" by Tiny Tim

"I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" by Tiny Tim

"O' Holy Night" by Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim's Appearance on The Beatles Fan Club 1968 Christmas Record

Their first Christmas fan-club disc to be recorded separately, the Beatles' 1968 offering is a collage of odd noises, musical snippets, and individual messages. McCartney's song "Happy Christmas, Happy New Year" is featured, along with John's poems "Jock and Yono" and "Once Upon a Pool Table." Also notable is the appearance of Tiny Tim playing his ever-trusty ukulele and singing his own unique rendition of the Beatles' "Nowhere Man".

Note: George Harrison introduces Tiny Tim at the 5-minute-15-second mark.

And as not-so-tiny singer Tiny Tim dressed up as Dicken's own Tiny Tim character from "A Christmas Carol" might well have said while throwing air kisses,

"May God bless us every one!"

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.