2 Posts

The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: I O U rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Burrows
msg tools
How does the IOU situation work?
Does this apply Only to the bank in the event that there is no money left, and he issues an IOU to the player with the most money in order for winnings to be paid out? or does it apply to a player who has run out of money?

If so, Is there a limit to how much a player can borrow from the bank?

And finally when can you borrow money? EG. if I have bet all my money before a round, but i have the 'Objection' card, which requires a £10'000 deposit. Am I simply not allowed to use that card in that situation, or can i borrow money in order to play it? or another scenario; What if i want to make a large bet (say £1000'000) but only have £5000. Can i bet the £5000 and add an IOU slip?

I cant seem to make out what the rules mean by The IOU. If someone can clarify that would be much appreciated.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Boutique Stupidity"
United Kingdom
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
At least in the 1989 edition the rules are specific about IOUs- they are ONLY used in the highly unlikely event that you have already handed out all of the money in the bank and need to pay otu more (we rarely even dent the money!). The banker distributes the IOU as cash until there's some money again to change it to.

If you spend all of your cash gambling you can't just borrow an IOU! That would totally brake the game anyway! If you bet it and lost that's your problem! You'll have to wait until you win a race and get some more money! goo
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.