Subject: Unit under a Hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Go back in time and Kill Hitler!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a hero only takes a hit when a star is in a fire card, but can he "protect" the unit he is with? Or would that unit come under fire as normal; on cards without stars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Ravenbro wrote:
I know a hero only takes a hit when a star is in a fire card, but can he "protect" the unit he is with? Or would that unit come under fire as normal; on cards without stars?

Units that have a hero marker are hit as normal (ie a Hero can't protect them). However if it is a single step unit you can choose to sacrifice the hero (flip it to the "inspired" side) to keep the unit in play.

Note that Hero, General and HQ units are only chosen to take hits after assigning hits to all other eligible units.

See section 11.1 and 11.4 for more details.

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Go back in time and Kill Hitler!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Phil - I played that incorrectly but only once...I went back and undid it! Luckily I track my plays on Excel so it was easy to tell exactly when it happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.