Subject: A Tale of Woe: No minis in the box! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brooks Rudolph
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Recently a friend and I rolled down to the FLGS and were surprised and delighted to see ER on the shelves. We're both grown men of 25 years, but we had been anticipating the game and to see it there- we became childlike in our excitement. We bought it together on the spot (to defray the hefty, but entirely justified cost) and took it home eagerly. We were popping chits out in no time and already reading the backgrounds as well as setting up scenario one.

The whole time we were unboxing the game, I had a strange feeling like something was missing. When we had everything set up, we realized simultaneously that there were no minis in our game! We were crestfallen. We took the game back to our FLGS, and fortunately the great clerk there set about ordering us a set of just the minis from Zman. The good news is, we held on to the game and we're set to play tomorrow morning with cardboard proxies. Should be a blast!

Has anyone else had this problem? Hopefully we are the only ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Newland
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Ninja Vanish!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No issues here. Things like this happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be a wandering invisibility spell. My copy of Battle Cry also had no minis inside...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought mine from my FLGS yesterday and the owner asked if she could open my copy really quick. I was a little confused and she pointed to an open box of Earth Reborn on the counter. Apparently it came missing a room tile. We quickly checked mine and saw that this was not an issue when in my copy. We didn't check close enough though. This morning I was about to start punching tokens when I noticed the following:

The "mis-cut" doesn't go all the way through, so I guess I could punch them and play without any problems, but this is a pretty expensive game...It would be nice to have these tokens/tiles look as beautiful and pristine as the rest of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! Looks like the puncher misfired or something.
I hope you get them replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I email Zman. They asked for my address so I assume they are sending me a new sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two Dr. Kendalls and no male zombie.
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Charles Mourey
France
Valbonne
Alpes-Maritimes
flag msg tools
publisher
Sorry about that. Here is the procedure for customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the very same thing, no minis in the box. I have emailed Z-man and I believe he is sending me replacements. He asked for my address anyway.
I had a missing deck of cards in my Agricola; Farmers of the Moor expansion and Z-man was very quick to send me a set.
I was a little nervous because I can see people liing just to get the minis without buying the game, or to get an extra set of minis.
Of all the things to be missing I would think 'all the minis' would be the most suspicious claim.
In any case, while they didn't say so, I do exect to get my minis in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♪ I'll mourn over the marble steps ♬ Junkies of the world lay across the monuments ♫ I climb and blister on the mount ♪ Drunks take a piss where heroes once bled out ♪ ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
No response yet from Z-Man Games. The likelihood of getting a male zombie by the weekend is small, so I'll probably need to use the second Kendall with the printable zombie sticker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, hey! Male zombie in the mail today. Thanks, Z-Man for the speedy replacement miniature! Earth is Reborn on Friday night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.