Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about tainting locations that are on fire.

1. Pg. 5 of the rulebook says an on-fire location is tainted by 3 minions of any type. However, the Brimstone Agent card says only 2 demons are required to taint on-fire locations. Are both correct?

2. A red location with one demon is set on fire. Then a Darkness Spreads card adds a second demon to the location, which taints it (I assume). If a third minion is added (via another DS card), is the location tainted again?

3. A location with 3 minions (or 2 demons) is set on fire. Is the location immediately tainted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marvin knighton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Today is a good day to GAME! But then so was yesterday and tomorrow too.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answers are as follows: 1)Both are correct. If you have 2 demons you will trigger taint, as will 3 of any combination. Remember though, that this applies only with the Brimstone Agent variant of the game. 2)As I understand the rules the answer is yes. This is similar to the way that if you draw 2 DS cards that show the same location(and you have killed 3 generals) for minion placement they will both cause game effects(taint and cascade if applicable). 3)We have been playing this as a yes. Although, if you look at the FAQ you will see that in some areas the game's creator gives you the option on how to play placement rules so that you can make the game easier or harder depending on the challenge you want.(The ruling on the Orc Cards for instance,)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about tainting locations that are on fire.

1. Pg. 5 of the rulebook says an on-fire location is tainted by 3 minions of any type. However, the Brimstone Agent card says only 2 demons are required to taint on-fire locations. Are both correct?

Yes - that is correct - 3 of any minion or 2 Demons with a fire token.

Strategic Note: Fires are very bad for tainting and while strategically I do not focus on them, I try and put them out on Red locations quickly.

2. A red location with one demon is set on fire. Then a Darkness Spreads card adds a second demon to the location, which taints it (I assume). If a third minion is added (via another DS card), is the location tainted again?

Correct.

3. A location with 3 minions (or 2 demons) is set on fire. Is the location immediately tainted?

Yes - Dragons are tough!

Thanks for playing - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.