Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I know that there are tons of tips and trick for fixing bent minis, the hot water tric for exampel. I find that the Dungeon Twister 2 miniatures are exceptionally stubborn when it comes to fixing them. Has anyone else had problems with bent miniatures? Has anyone got any solutions?

My Backstabbers look reaaaally drunk, not good for immersion! yuk

Merry x-mas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The hot water trick worked really well for me. Have you tried it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I let the water run from the tap until it was really hot, then I put the mini under the water for like 30 secs, bent the mini into tje right shape and then I put it under ice cold water. Problem is that the minis go back to their weird poses overnight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot water from the tap is probably not hot enough. Heat some water until it is nearly boiling, then put the miniature in a spoon and put it into the water. The miniature should straighten itself after some seconds. Then put the miniature immediately into the cold water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aubigny wrote:
Hot water from the tap is probably not hot enough.

Exactly what I was going to say. Try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Lundin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice!

It doesn't work though! I heated the water until near boiling and followed the instructions. They bent nicely into shape but over the last week they are slowly goning back to their weird, drunk poses shake

Perhaps I'll have to resort to surgery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised this didn't work for you. I don't have experience with these miniatures, but everyone I have had that has been bent this method has worked.

I boil the water in microwave, dip the mini until the offending portion is fully submerged, take it out, and if it hasn't reshaped on its own, bend it to the correct position. I then submerge it in ice water so that it will set.

I've had a few minis, where I've had to repeat the process, but only because I didn't get it set right the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I boil the water in a kettle and drop the mini in for a few seconds, then using tongs or a ladel, I grab it back out. Hold it in position straight into icy cold water for a short time.

I've found it depends on how long its been bent. I have had a few miniatures where I've had to repeat the process (Yula from Tannhauser) but a second go should well and truly be enough.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Ben. goo goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Wiels
Belgium
Chatelet
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oolaa wrote:
Thanks for the advice!

It doesn't work though! I heated the water until near boiling and followed the instructions. They bent nicely into shape but over the last week they are slowly goning back to their weird, drunk poses shake

Perhaps I'll have to resort to surgery!

Weird.

My solution for that was to have two bowls of water:

- boiled water on the left
- ice cold water on the right (with actual ice cubes)

Then, three easy steps:

- step one: put the part of the miniature you want to "unbend" in the (very hot) boiled water.

- step two: the plastic the was dropped is now very "workable". Maintain it straight, and put it in the ice cold water.

- step three: leave it there for at least 5 minutes, so the plastic has time to harden.

It worked fine for me, especially for my bended backstabbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of mine were bent, the wizards had really droopy staffs, and some of the bases were warped on other pieces.

I dipped them in a pot of boiling water with a slotted spoon for a few seconds and it was like magic, they sprung right back to their proper shape! I was anticipating having to "shape" them back, but I didn't have to do a thing.

Then I put them in a bowl of ice water and now they're perfect form, good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.