O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer

World in Flames
GLOBAL CONFLICT : 1939-1945

AUSTRALASIAN CONVENTION 2011

Gidday gamers,
We welcome everyone to join us at Australia’s second ADG endorsed Australasian World in Flames convention (ASIACON 2011) from Friday 25th February to Saturday 5th March 2011.

MollyMook Shores is a 4 star motel resort on the beach at MollyMook on the South Coast of New South Wales. You can visit its website at www.mollymookshores.com.au

The convention room has a capacity for about 10 tables and the accommodation is a one to two minute walk away in the same complex.
There is a large car park attached to the facility. Mollymook Shores has an internal restaurant (not open all days during the week), there is a golf club opposite that serves meals every day and several close-by food outlets. The beach is 50 metres away. Ulladulla, a thriving town, is a short ride away.

Accommodation

We have arranged the following accommodation:
• $100.00 pp/pn Single Room
• $60.00 pp/pn Twin share
• $45.00 pp/pn Triple share
We have inspected the accommodation and it is first class. Each unit has one bathroom but the beds, one queen and one single, are at each end of the unit and semi private. They are standard motel rooms and cooking facilities are not provided. We really wouldn’t recommend the triple share unless you are a family group. We have tentatively blocked out sufficient accommodation for 30 players based on most being okay with the twin share with a number of single rooms also available.
We would like an indication of intentions by Xmas as we will confirm the bookings and take care of any deposit in January. Each person will be responsible for costs including reimbursing us for any deposit we make on your behalf.

How to get there

The MollyMook Shores turnoff is on the Princes highway at north Ulladulla; turn off towards the beach at a roundabout and onto Golf Avenue. If you drive it is very easy; if you come by bus we will arrange to pick you up in Ulladulla.

Registration

Fill out the registration form attached to this flyer.

Send it to: rsonsie@optusnet.com.au

You will receive notice within a week of your reg. form arriving.

Priority is speed of play, skills and deluxe or classic. Most players will want to play the 39 deluxe campaign but you can choose any campaign you and your opponents agree on.

About 4 weeks before the con (late January) you’ll get a list of the players on your table, so you can agree on exact starting time, who brings a game, detailed optional rules and so on. Note that there is always the possibility of a last minute change to the players on your table if some players don’t show up at the last minute.

Convention Cost

There is no registration fee, but there is a convention charge of $100 to cover the costs of running the convention. This cost will also part subsidise an end of convention dinner.

Rules

We will use the draft of the new Gold Edition World in Flames rules. These are the culmination of all testing and rules changes since 2003 and they have been simplified, contain more examples and will be printed in full colour. The rules will be emailed to all participants well before the event and as an extra bonus, all participants will be sent a complimentary copy of the full colour printed World in Flames: Gold rules and charts set as soon as they are available, which will include your name in the credits (only if you so desire of course, the convention is our final mass test of the Gold edition rules prior to the new edition’s release).

Teams will still decide between themselves which optional rules they will play and we are happy to help resolve any issues that may arise when deciding which options will be included in your game.

If you already have a team in mind let us know and we will match you with a team that appears to have similar skills.

We look forward to seeing you at one of Australia’s most beautiful beaches for 9 days of sun, surf, blood and gore. If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me at my email address above.

Regards

Ray Sonsie
Convention Convenor

Ph 0402 454 297
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akiva
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gold Edition World in Flames rules? I must be missing something.

What's all this about then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reference wrote:
Gold Edition World in Flames rules? I must be missing something.

What's all this about then?

As Harry said, the current WIFFE rules and charts (current rules date from August 2004) are being revised and improved for eventual release. Didn't realize they were being called "Gold Edition" though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akiva
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
As Harry said, the current WIFFE rules and charts (current rules date from August 2004) are being revised and improved for eventual release. Didn't realize they were being called "Gold Edition" though!

Well, I got that part, of course! I guess I was really just thirsty for details: when will it be released? any major changes? is the rulebook getting a rewrite or just additional material? and so on and so forth. You know, information that's probably already available on Consim.

I swear, there is no company on the planet like ADG that can make me buy the same game (or variations of it) again and again. Pre-ordered for Blitz and Master. Just received my rolled WiF maps. And I'll definitely buy this, too.

Note that I'm not complaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.