Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Armor grants +1 to each General's wound level. When this card leaves play, do the Generals retain their +1 wound level? I assumed yes, because once you have armor, you typically don't lose it. (Where did that blasted armor go?)

Inns Closed says Heroes can't Heal or take Rumors at the Inns. Can they still travel to the Inns? It may happen that a Hero wants to end their turn there to avoid taking damage from minions in the surrounding locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers to your questions:

Magic Armor grants +1 to each General's wound level. When this card leaves play, do the Generals retain their +1 wound level? I assumed yes, because once you have armor, you typically don't lose it. (Where did that blasted armor go?)

Global Effects are only active while the card is active, so when this Global Effect ends, the General's lose their Magic Armor. (However, I like your statement where the did armor go and I am fine with you playing that the Armor stays in place - makes for a more difficult game, but I agree that thematically it works). From my perspective, the armor remained, but the magic has been drained from it through the spells of the Wizards in the White Tower supporting the Heroes - of course I have yet to talk about them, but someday soon...

Inns Closed says Heroes can't Heal or take Rumors at the Inns. Can they still travel to the Inns? It may happen that a Hero wants to end their turn there to avoid taking damage from minions in the surrounding locations.

Yes - the buildings are still present, just empty. Heroes may hide out in them, but no, ale, no rumors from the hunters and trappers, no stew or medical aide...

Thanks - Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.