Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Lurker at the Threshold Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stuck at 1 Stamina Until Devoured rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam Whalen
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The holy dove, she will be caught again.
badge
Bought and sold, and bought again. The dove is never free.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm reading the pacts right, if you choose to use the blood pact to consume your stamina leaving yourself with a single stamina, you will never be able to heal from that point onward?

When you are at 1 stamina, you can't tap the pact to make more power tokens because that will make you unconscious, and if you become unconscious, then when you wake up your pact will refresh during upkeep before you can heal. If you heal while the pact is refreshed you gain power not stamina.

Am I playing this right? Does using a pact to drop a stamina or sanity to 1 leave you at 1 stamina or sanity until devoured?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you are not reading it right. It is consuming your Stamina, not your maximum stamina.

So if you are at 1 Stamina and choose to tap it to get a power token, you would only get one power token and you would be dropped to 0 Stamina - which would send you to the hospital. You could then pay $2 to EITHER, restore your sanity to full OR gain Power tokens equal to your maximum Sanity minus 1.

It is your CHOICE as to whether you gain stamina back or power tokens. You are never forced to remain at 1 stamina until the game is over. Make sense?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ldw3076 wrote:
If you heal while the pact is refreshed you gain power not stamina.


This is essentially my house rule for using the pacts. This way the imPACTed one will almost always have power tokens on them and be more susceptible to the Reckoning cards.

Coltsfan gave you the correct rules information, of course.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Whalen
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The holy dove, she will be caught again.
badge
Bought and sold, and bought again. The dove is never free.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

So if you are at 1 Stamina and choose to tap it to get a power token, you would only get one power token and you would be dropped to 0 Stamina - which would send you to the hospital. You could then pay $2 to EITHER, restore your sanity to full OR gain Power tokens equal to your maximum Sanity minus 1.


I'm away from home, so I can't look at the card, but don't the pacts say you cannot gain stamina while the pact is refreshed? And wouldn't the pact always refresh before you get a chance to pay your $2? The only way you could heal is be at more than one health, tap the pact lose a health then pay the $2?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Whalen
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
The holy dove, she will be caught again.
badge
Bought and sold, and bought again. The dove is never free.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ldw3076 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

So if you are at 1 Stamina and choose to tap it to get a power token, you would only get one power token and you would be dropped to 0 Stamina - which would send you to the hospital. You could then pay $2 to EITHER, restore your sanity to full OR gain Power tokens equal to your maximum Sanity minus 1.


I'm away from home, so I can't look at the card, but don't the pacts say you cannot gain stamina while the pact is refreshed? And wouldn't the pact always refresh before you get a chance to pay your $2? The only way you could heal is be at more than one health, tap the pact lose a health then pay the $2?


Nevermind, I forget the benefits of The Geek. I just looked at an image of the card, I missed the "you may" gain power instead of stamina.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.