Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Smith
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ripped opened my new copy of Betrayal 2nd edition on Christmas morning and starting punching out the cardboard bits, when I got to a cardboard sheet that looked awfully familiar. Apparently I got two copies of the same cardboard sheet and I am missing one. Any one have ideas on how to get a replacement from Avalon Hill? I looked at their site and it's not that easy to navigate.

I got two copies of the sheet that had the Professor character card on it. I am missing the one that had the other male characters on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Register on the Wizards of the Coast website and submit a problem ticket, and hope they get back to you. Not really much else to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heine
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Keep calm and game on.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!

After reading all the negative posts about the reprint of this game I think I have decided to return it.

I too received this game for xmas and am glad I did not open it. Plan on exchanging it tomorrow.

Glad for all the great info the Geek provides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Vormwald1 wrote:
Wow!

After reading all the negative posts about the reprint of this game I think I have decided to return it.

I too received this game for xmas and am glad I did not open it. Plan on exchanging it tomorrow.

Glad for all the great info the Geek provides.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game. I played the original to death and anxiously awaited the reprint. The issue is that some of the components are not quite up to par.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Smith
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to follow up. I emailed Wizards of the Coast and they were extremely responsive to my problem. They are going to ship me replacement tiles in 6-8 business weeks. Kind of a long time, but I have other stuff to keep me occupied until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
msg tools
Postin’ over here, boss.
badge
Post over there, Luke.
mb
The reason for the 6-8 week delay is they are reprinting all the tile sheets using a different manufacturer. If you have a copy it might be worth hanging on to and requesting new sheets as it is a good game, but as stated above, some of the components are manufactured in a subpar manner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could choose between "2e with bent tiles" and "no Betrayal at all", I would without any hesitation whatsoever choose the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
StercusCaput wrote:
The reason for the 6-8 week delay is they are reprinting all the tile sheets using a different manufacturer. If you have a copy it might be worth hanging on to and requesting new sheets as it is a good game, but as stated above, some of the components are manufactured in a subpar manner.

So when I contacted them a few weeks back they told me 6-8 weeks. I would think they might be saying 4-6 weeks by now.

My tiles are warped enough to impact gameplay so I a eagerly awaiting the replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard back from them today and they are still saying 6-8 weeks. A long time to wait, but its worth it for this great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bond8089 wrote:
I just heard back from them today and they are still saying 6-8 weeks. A long time to wait, but its worth it for this great game!

Don't hold your breath. I placed an order back in October and have yet to hear anything since then. I already sold my copy out of disgust as the warping got bad enough that it was to the point that people would refuse to explore rooms on certain floors because they would know the next tile was the Collapsed Room. Killed any intrigue the game might have had, and I got REALLY sick of waiting for over three months to get new tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Smith
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got a package from WotC this weekend. I frantically ripped into it thinking i was going to get all new, non-warped, sheets of tiles. Only to find out they sent me the one sheet I was originally missing in the same old sub-par card stock. And guess what, the new replacement sheet was warped in the packaging. /sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.