Subject: A Science Fiction version of C&C ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there ever be one published ?

I think I have read something about that a long time ago, somewhere in the forums.

Any new info ?

Thanks in advance,
King Bing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest would be Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit. It isn't actually a C&C system but they obviously borrowed heavily from the mechanics of Battle Cry when they designed it. However, that is long out of print.

Of all the C&C games I have heard mention of, I have never heard of a science fiction one. The only one outside the realm of reality is BattleLore but still has a link to medieval history.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be easy enough to make your own. You could print cards on cardstock. Just take the existing cards as examples and change the wording to make them SciFi.

You could use Monopoly Star Wars bits for the game pieces for $3.50 for the Blue and $3.50 for the Red pieces.

http://www.hasbro.com/customer-service/orderform.cfm?sku=423...

There is a fellow geek selling the whole game for just $2.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewitem&item...

So, you make your own command cards on printed card stock and you have some ships and fighers for $7. All you need is a map and to make some planets, asteroids, stars, for terrain tiles out of card stock. Mount the terrain tiles to foam board and cut them out.

Instant SciFi C&C!!!robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The closest would be Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit. It isn't actually a C&C system but they obviously borrowed heavily from the mechanics of Battle Cry when they designed it. However, that is long out of print.

Of all the C&C games I have heard mention of, I have never heard of a science fiction one. The only one outside the realm of reality is BattleLore but still has a link to medieval history.

I'd say more than just heavily, much of it is almost cut and paste. They have added more stuff on to it with more dimensions (three battles at once, one as a different dynamic then the other two), but I'd consider it basically a modified C&C sci fi game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers but... I just hate Star Wars

C&C: Nexus Ops, I think that's what I'm asking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Cluff

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the C&C games have rules for both ranged and close combat, but Memoir has the best focus for long ranged combat as you might expect from Sci Fi. This gives me the idea to develop a MechWarrior variant. The clix bases would be easy to use for tracking hits. Heaven knows I have enough bits laying around in boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Rogers
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My buddy has been talking about doing a WH40K/Epic version for a long time. He has loads of all of the old epic/space marine/adeptus titanicus figs in his garage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PerryWRogers wrote:
My buddy has been talking about doing a WH40K/Epic version for a long time. He has loads of all of the old epic/space marine/adeptus titanicus figs in his garage.

Mémoire 40 000!
http://akhad.fr/2007/08/04/memoire-40-000/

did not try it,
and it`s only in french I think,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
Why not. It has taken 12 years for the official Napoleonic version to be published, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't the Sci-Fi version appear some time in the future as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A_Denis wrote:
PerryWRogers wrote:

Mémoire 40 000!
http://akhad.fr/2007/08/04/memoire-40-000/

did not try it,
and it`s only in french I think,

Interesting stuff. I have had a quick look at that and they have done a good job (well, the parts I am sure about - my French is not very good). Might give it a go myself.

I dug out my Epic minis a while back and started something similar myself; one conclusion I reached was that while the M44 system is more accessible, the setting is better suited to the Battlelore system. The differences are small but significant.

This is especially true of Titans, which utilise a vast array of devastating weapons and are themselves hard to kill. In Battlelore terms, they have a certain equivalence in the form of creatures.

Thus, I set about making data sheets for units from Epic40K, for use with both M44 and BL base games; unfortunately they are still a work in progress.

If I ever finish off what I started, it will probably be posted here somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
King Bing wrote:
Why not. It has taken 12 years for the official Napoleonic version to be published, so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't the Sci-Fi version appear some time in the future as well.

Do you mean that Richard Borg has already designed a Sci-Fi version of C&C ? Richard Borg is thinking about such a version for real ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Bing wrote:
Do you mean that Richard Borg has already designed a Sci-Fi version of C&C ? Richard Borg is thinking about such a version for real ?
Uh-oh! Let me clear: I don't want to start any rumors. I don't know anything about Richard's plans, and I don't know if anyone is interested in producing such a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For folks that have Fortress America, there are a bunch of cool pieces that are ready-made for a sci-fi C&C-type game. For each side, there are:

24 infantry = 6–8 units of foot (3–4 pieces per unit)
9 mobile units = 3 units of vehicles (3 pieces per unit)
12 hover tanks = 4–6 units of tanks (2–3 pieces per unit)
9 Helicopters = 3 units of helicopters (3 pieces per unit)
6 Bombers = 3 units of aircraft (2 pieces per unit)

24 Partisans = 4–8 units of foot (3–6 pieces per unit)

12 Lasers for use as either objectives or a fixed special weapon/unit.

The bits from Nexus Ops, Dust, Risk 2110...the list is endless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel [working on TENNISmind]
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot tell when or where, but I'm sure I read once that Richard Borg had, among all his versions, a Sci-Fic C&C game, though still not ready for publication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
I cannot tell when or where, but I'm sure I read once that Richard Borg had, among all his versions, a Sci-Fic C&C game, though still not ready for publication.
Yes. All possible variations on war have been played using the system. Which is why I wouldn't rule out a Sci-Fi game in the future. However, I haven't heard of any actual plans for such a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Riha
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Science Fiction version of C&C ?
From what Ive heared there is a C&C SciFi that is ready and play tested but no publisher has jumped on it.

I have no idea how it plays but personally Id love to play a C&C game with space ships fighting it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.