C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: choose my game to complete order beetween those game
I think Tigris & Euphrates or Thunderstone would be good for (mostly) playing with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
My lad and I both enjoy Mr Jack and Memoir '44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Mr Jack. Probably my favorite game right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Gonser

Spokane Valley
Washington
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Re: what is the BEST game in my wife wife wish list? geekgold tips for best anwser!

If you have two wives to play with - then we should start looking for 3 player games, but then again who are we kidding. You wouldn't have time to play games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since you play with two a lot... that leaves out a few games on the list. Tigris & Euphrates is maybe the best reviewed game on the list but not my favorite. Thunderstone is a good game, but the deck building games are getting overdone, and I really like this with more people. I love Friedemann Friese, but Fürstenfeld isn't his best. So the two I'd suggest are:

Tikal II: I love the theme, and game play is good with 2 players... and works with more for sure, if need be (2-4 players/90 minutes).

Shipyard: This is an underrated game, especially with 2 players. It's heavier than Tikal, so your choice may depend on what you are looking for. Tikal works well with a wider range of players, but Shipyard will make for a deeper game with 2. (2-4 players/120 minutes).

That's my 2 cents!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with either Torres or Tikal II. Both play well with 2 players and game length is good too. They are easy to teach and play, but deep enough to hold your attention for many plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, none of those are good for two player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South of You
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have three of those, and played one more. My wife and I like Jamaica the best from your list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mitchell
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
My favourite game to play with my wife right now is Pandemic. It's a co-operative game, so we play on the same team. It's reasonably difficult on the easiest level, so there's not too much tension but enough that it's celebrated a little when we win.

Other games we've spent a lot of time playing two player are Dominion(also great with up to 4 players) and Settlers of Catan Card Game(for only 2 players).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yoan bouillon
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
just pick games from my wife list please....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
who is your freakin wife, eh? Dontcha know that we dont know?

if that list you have is what she has on her wish list, I have to agree with the geek above.

None are good 2 player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Torres and Tigris & Euphrates are the best games on the list [if you like abstract-ish, tile-placement games, that is]. They are both excellent, but Torres plays better with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yoan bouillon
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
just tell me the best game even if its not good with 2 please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montrealzoo wrote:

Tigris & Euphrates hands down is the best game on that list. It's horrid with two though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Torres or Cuba, from your list.

Torres is a very abstract game (with cool little pieces), that feels almost chess-like with two, but different with three or four. I'd recommend the advanced rules, otherwise you may feel that luck of the draw plays too much a role in the game.

Cuba is a role-selection game that feels vaguely similar to Puerto Rico, but has a few ingenious mechanics, my favorite of which is the urban sprawl which means every time you build a new building to give you advantages, you have to build it over one of your fields which you can now no longer harvest. The variety of buildings and five roles means that, like Puerto Rico, this game has a lot of replay value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montrealzoo wrote:
Thunderstone

Because enough people like it, so if your wife (and you) don't, you can still sell it
Besides that it can be played solitaire when one of you is busy or does not want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
montrealzoo wrote:

Tigris & Euphrates hands down is the best game on that list. It's horrid with two though.

Tigris is indeed the best game on the list (IMHO of course) but I disagree that it is a bad game with 2. It CAN be horrid, if both players just sit on opposite sides of the board, but if you are willing to go toe-to-toe then it is quite fine.

There is an alternate board (implemented on the Geek I believe) that is smaller and more aimed at the 2 player game. Or you can just restrict the size of the regular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.