Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Kilgore
United States
Sturgeon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game in today from a trade from SVan - thank you for sending it, Steve! I looked it over and the rules made it seem very similar to Heave Ho! except that it was a more complex game with 4 "lines" to pull. Since my daughter and I play Heave Ho! quite a bit, I offered it up and sure enough my girl Kia saw the simularities right off.

After getting off to a bumpy start (Kia misplayed a card and it went several rounds before being caught), we began in earnst. After a while, it became apparent to me that Kia was going to win the 3 and the 4 lines and sure enough she cashed both in. And not too much longer it became apparent that she was once again going to win both the 3 and the 4 lines... Wow, the kid was smoking me!

I put up a struggle and for a brief moment it appeared that I would at least make it close, but Kia shut me down and won 3 trophies to 1 trophy - and that single trophy I'd really just won (in other words, it wasn't even that close, really).

Kia long ago told me not to ever hold anything back when we play games and as a result her wins are somewhat rare and are highly treasured. When she won I stood up and shook her hand, genuinely marveled at how thoughly she stomped me, and I did some whining and moaning which put the icing on the cake.

My trouble here is that I still am not entirely certain how she beat me down like that. I think that I need to put more effort into the bottom tiers and will try to adjust my play accordingly next time around. But as bad as she stomped me, I have a feeling that she has a good chance of getting a nice little winning streak together.

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.