...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's try this again - as I think it's important:

As we can log almost everything now (as far as Games Played goes), why not show everything? I want to find out how many games of Agricola I won. Where we've played the most PowerGrid games. Who played the most Tier auf Tier with me. All this info is recorded, but I can't acces it.

Suggestions:

* A list of winners.

Be able to click a game and see a list of winners of all the plays I have logged. With a checkbox to exclude solitaire games.

Tic Tac Toe:

1. Aldie* 21 of 21 games
2. chaddyboy_2000 11 of 11 games
3. BaSL 11 of 45 games
4. Derk 2 of 13 games

*(yeah, these are random names by ABCD)

* A list of places.

Where did we play this game most?

Power Grid:

1. Aldie 17x
2. BaSL 17x
3. chaddyboy_2000 15x
4. Derk 13x

And what game did we play most at this or that place:

At BaSL:

Phoenix 19x
La Città 18x
Caylus 16x
Wallenstein 15x

* And who played all these games?

Chinatown:

1. BaSL 85
2. Aldie 51
3. chaddyboy_2000 50
4. Derk 47

* Scores

What are the average scores for winning this or that game? What does this or that player score in all his Puerto Rico games? What is my Agricola high score?

* And I want a pony.

And I probably missed a few things.

To add:

Randy Cox wrote:
Yes, we could also see some interesting reports such as:

2-player games of Hanging Gardens
High Score: Derk (161)
Low Score: Aldie (32)
Average Game Length: 68.4 minutes (215 games with data)
W/L (minimum 5 games played)
1. Aldie_____ 30/040 (.750)
2. BasL______ 03/005 (.600)
3. chaddyboy_ 01/100 (.010)
4. Derk______ 00/008 (.000)

4-player games of Hanging Gardens
High Score: BasL (68)
Low Score: Aldie (4)
Average Game Length: 42.0 minutes (615 games with data)
W/L (minimum 5 games played)
1. Aldie_____ 09/010 (.900)
2. BasL______ 01/005 (.200)
3. chaddyboy_ 01/100 (.010)
4. Derk______ 00/005 (.000)

Also, the reporting needs to incorporate games you logged but did not play in. For instance, I logged a game my wife, father-in-law, and kids played the other night while I cooked. The correct players show up, but I am credited with another play of the game even though I wasn't a player.

What's the point of entering BGG UserIDs if that isn't what is used to determine "total plays"? I realize that for lazy entries (the ones where the individual players weren't entered), the system must assume that the account holder played in the game. That's proper. But when actual game players are noted, that should overrule.

Another interesting feature would be:

Fastest players of Hanging Gardens:
2-player (BGG average = 68.4 minutes)
1. Aldie 16.7
2. BaSL 22.8
3. chaddyboy 28.7
4. Derk 99.2 [/c]

There is a lot that needs to be done, lest people simply quit using the neat logging features.

Yeah, it's Copy&Paste. All this comes from this thread. But when will we see it? I think logging is nice, but why? We need to see the results!

We are Geeks and we need our Lists and Stats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wow! You've played games with Aldie, Derk, and Chaddyboy in one sitting? That's some feat. I've only played with Aldie and Chad in a game of Cheeky Monkey back in 2007.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Allright, you can come to our gamenight next time. We play every Tuesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fiercely loyal to logging plays. I remember every Dominion card included in my games and note them down with game notes and scores and who went first. I have meticulously remembered plays and (later) scores for years now. These threads come up every few months, begging for something to be done with this data. Every now and then, we get some vague promise. I become more and more disappointed every time I think of this. I have begun to seriously reconsider logging plays for the first time in ever. Please, please give us something.

Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Lehtonen
Finland
Rauma
Satakunta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see stats how many playERS I have won and to how many players I have lost in a certain game. Overall stats would be nice also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
I agree about this too - believe me I *want* to get it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kat costa
United States
Paradise
California
flag msg tools
badge
Yup.
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL, you can do much of what you're asking for with SPLU.

BaSL wrote:
A list of winners. Be able to click a game and see a list of winners of all the plays I have logged.

Let's look at Agricola. You've played it with the following people.

BaSL wrote:
What are the average scores for winning this or that game?

Above that list of people you can see averages of all Agricola high scores, low scores, and all scores in your logs.

BaSL wrote:
Where did we play this game most?

You can use the Locations drop-down to see that you played Agricola most at a place called "Bas."

BaSL wrote:
With a checkbox to exclude solitaire games.

You can use the Player Count filter to say you want to see only plays with more than 1 player. You could pull up just 3-player games if you wanted, or 2-5 player games, or only games of more than 4 players...

There are more filters than you can shake a stick at...

...and you can stack them, so you can say "How many games of Agricola did I play with Aldie and at least one other person (but not Derk) while visiting Chinatown in the last two years?"

SPLU isn't an official BGG tool, but it is a useful one. There's even a thread about it: Taking Play Logging Improvements into Our Own Hands

I hope 5 years after your original post isn't so long that you've given up hope for your wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, looking in to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.