Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Three-player game: Nathan and I as the Marines vs. Ross the Invader. We used the new scenario available from Fantasy Flight's website, "Blood in the Shadows." The only rule modification we used was the placing of an ammo under a weapon: unnecessary, as it turned out, since there are shells a-plenty in this mission.

Nathan and I just tore through Ross's poor monsters. Nathan's Marine cards were Officer, Recon, and Tough, while I had Special Ops, Frontal Assault, and, uh, the one that lets you move four extra spaces and make one extra attack if you kill something. By the time we got out Ross had only managed to score two of the five frags he needed.

The scenario itself felt rather lightweight for two marines. I've only played two- and three-player games, with the first scenario in the rulebook, but those all felt like a struggle all the way through. Maybe it was just the insane combination of marine cards coupled with Ross's inability to draw spawns, but it seemed like less of a challenge. (Okay, the last room was a tough nut. But that was about it.) The teleporter was a nice touch; ditto the exploding barrels. Overall, it felt like it'd been balanced for three marines at normal difficulty, which made it too easy on just two of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.