Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After one playthrough of the game, it wasn't clear whether during the movement phase each player should move ALL her things in turn order, or if turn taking should happen after moving each one of her things.

If the former, it seems there is a rather large advantage for the player who goes last which rotates in the 3 and 4 player games, but could become a problem in the 2 player game.

If the latter, is there a rule on passing (e.g. once you've passed, you've passed) or is something like 'You've moved and I'm not moving now, but might move again after you've moved a different piece' legitimate?

Is there another alternative that I've missed entirely? Help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winter
United Kingdom
Hawarden
Deeside
flag msg tools
badge
Someone gave me 88gg for a rules translation and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can tell it seems that one player moves all their things when it's their turn.

I guess the best fix I can think of is to Ignore the rule that you don't swap first player marker in a 2 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Paradis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also have to say that with a nice use of bluff and sacrifical unit you can petty much have a barrier that will take at least a turn. Giving you at least one occasion to move and take defensive position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
dedindahed wrote:
I guess the best fix I can think of is to Ignore the rule that you don't swap first player marker in a 2 player game.

Don't do this! Swapping the first player in a 2-player game, means that each player will get two turns in a row, which means that you can easely leave you areas unprotected when you are the second player, just to cover them up when you next is the first player.

There is a reason why you shouldn't swap first player in a two-player game. Many rules could be changed, but this is not one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that each player moves all of their units then the next player in turn order. Combat is resolved 1 battle at a time, each battle chosen in player order.

Yes, this leads to the 1st player moving at some disadvantage. Mitigating that is the ability to (1) move a single supported combat unit into a hex thus pinning the other player's units (though some or all Flying units could leave) and (2) using flying units to fly in to an pin enemy stacks.

Each subsequent player can use the same option except the last player - who could conceivably find ALL of their stacks pinned.

The down side to this strategy is that one could lose several units engaging in the "Pin the Enemy" actions.

The 1st player (and 2nd, 3rd to a decreasing degree) has to be careful about any aggressive moves or initiating any large combats (meaning many units) as others could counter. Patience is a virtue...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.