Subject: Cosmic Conflict rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Katz
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a look at Fantasy Flight's Cosmic Conflict preview.

Hazards - I'm leaning towards not liking this. I know I don't like Matt Stone's version. At first glance Cosmic Conflict's version isn't exactly the same. However, I still get the impression it adds complications and frustrations to the game that make the game unfun to play, like Mayfair's Fan and Eon's Praw. I'll allow for actually reading about it when I get the expansion for a reassessment.

Empath - Now an optional power, allows Empath player to take consolation if he wants. Good.

Filth - In translation to Fantasy Flight language, they took away a neat trick. Long ago in an Eon game, I was offensive player as Filth with allies and won the challenge. I Cosmic Zapped myself. Because I didn't have my power, my allies landed their tokens on the same planet as I did. When the next challenge came and I got my power back, they had to leave and lose the base. With Fantasy Flight, there is no "use" to Zap when allies establish a colony on a different planet.

Saboteur - Terrorist renamed (figured they would, okay) and uses token mechanic instead of writing down planets. Fair enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Before anybody else replies, how about re-posting this in the Cosmic Conflict forums and then deleting the original? It will find more friends over there. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
But when you do that, give it a useful subject line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.