Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a great time playing and really like this game alot.
A few things that I need some clarity on if someone can help me out.

The rules posted in the files section seem that the movement rules are a little off according to the rules I got in my game.

The rules posted here indicate that one clansman can move.
I read the rules to say that grey tiles activated afford 1 movement point each. Those movement points can be distributed amongst multiple clansmen allowing each to move one space per movement point.
So for 3 tiles you could move 1 clansman 3 spaces, 2 clansmen 2 and 1 space, or three clansmen 1 space each.
Clansmen may move any direction including diagonaly.

Am I wrong in my reading of the boxed rules or did something change that caused the rules posted in the files section to read they way they do?

Secondly, are resources limited by the number provided in the box?

I ask because one of the players got a decent combination of tiles that
allowed him to produce whiskey like crazy, we ran out of whiskey kegs a couple of turns from the last.

Thirdly, how many ZERO tiles am I supposed to have?
When I set up for a four player game, I had to use 1 ONE tile to fill in to leave 1 gap behind the last player. Am I missing a tile? Are the rules off? Am I supposed to leave 2 gaps on th efirst turn?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: After first play a few questions
I'm not sure which rules you were reading but the one I saw says:

Quote:
Every time a Village or a Castle is activated the player may move any Clan member in his Tableau to a neighboring tile (Orthogonal or diagonal). A single Clan member may move several times during a turn if several Clan member tiles are activated.

>> Secondly, are resources limited by the number provided in the box?

The rules state the game is not component limited and players should substitute if needed.

>> Thirdly, how many ZERO tiles am I supposed to have?

I have 8. The rules state when playing with less than 5, you will have to use 1 tiles to complete setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your reading of the clansmen rules are correct.

I don't think that resources are limited. There should be enough in the game except for the most extreme cases.

There are enough 'Zero' tiles to fill the track in a five player game. With less players you use the tiles from the 'One' stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twthomas wrote:
Had a great time playing and really like this game alot.
A few things that I need some clarity on if someone can help me out.

The rules posted in the files section seem that the movement rules are a little off according to the rules I got in my game.

The rules posted here indicate that one clansman can move.
I read the rules to say that grey tiles activated afford 1 movement point each. Those movement points can be distributed amongst multiple clansmen allowing each to move one space per movement point.
So for 3 tiles you could move 1 clansman 3 spaces, 2 clansmen 2 and 1 space, or three clansmen 1 space each.
Clansmen may move any direction including diagonaly.

Am I wrong in my reading of the boxed rules or did something change that caused the rules posted in the files section to read they way they do?

You may move one clansman per movement point, and multiple movement points may be generated per activation.

Quote:
Secondly, are resources limited by the number provided in the box?

I ask because one of the players got a decent combination of tiles that
allowed him to produce whiskey like crazy, we ran out of whiskey kegs a couple of turns from the last.

No limit:

The front page of the rules wrote:
An important note: the game is not component limited!

Even so, producing tons of whiskey is bad strategy. What was he using it for? A tavern uses only one whiskey barrel and aside from that being more than 5 above your opponents isn't useful. Maybe it was a 5-player game?

Quote:
Thirdly, how many ZERO tiles am I supposed to have?
When I set up for a four player game, I had to use 1 ONE tile to fill in to leave 1 gap behind the last player. Am I missing a tile? Are the rules off? Am I supposed to leave 2 gaps on th efirst turn?

My copy came with 8 zero tiles (just checked).

Page 2 of the rulebook wrote:
When playing with fewer than 5, the players will need to draw from the "1" pile to complete the track.

Great game, enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jearles wrote:
I'm not sure which rules you were reading but the one I saw says:

Quote:
Every time a Village or a Castle is activated the player may move any Clan member in his Tableau to a neighboring tile (Orthogonal or diagonal). A single Clan member may move several times during a turn if several Clan member tiles are activated.

>> Secondly, are resources limited by the number provided in the box?

The rules state the game is not component limited and players should substitute if needed.

>> Thirdly, how many ZERO tiles am I supposed to have?

I have 8. The rules state when playing with less than 5, you will have to use 1 tiles to complete setup.

Thanks for all the replies.

My rules from Rio Grande page 6 read:

Additionaly the player gets 1 movement point for each grey tile that is activated (including the one just placed). The player then totals these points and may, at the end of his turn, divide them among his clan members as he sees fit. It costs a clan member 1 movement point to move to an adjacent tile (diagonal movement is allowed). Unused movement points cannot be saved.

If, for example, a player has 3 movement points at his disposal, he could use them to move 1 clan member 3 tiles or 3 clan members 1 tile.

I understand what is written very clearly however when I saw the user created rules, I questioned if some kind of FAQ or something like that had caused the user created rules to agree but diagree with what I see in my rulebook.

It doesn't appear that '1 clansman per point' is a good description nor is 'you can move one clansman'. The Rio Grande translation, if accurate, is pretty clear. Would be nice to see the user created rules edited so they do not mislead anyone.

I am not complaining at all so please don't take me wrong. I actually really like user created rules alot, this part in particular seemed a bit misleading however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The user created rules on BGG were translated from German, before the Rio Grande rules were available. That's why they differ in phrasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
The user created rules on BGG were translated from German, before the Rio Grande rules were available. That's why they differ in phrasing.

Ahh. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.