Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frédéric SALAUN
France
CACHAN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
What does "RC in Libya at any governance" mean on the card ? Is that mean US can freely choose new governance (even Good ?), or, they may RC there whatever initial governance, and have to roll for it after Deploy ? (I don't know if i'm clear !). IMHO ,it's the second solution.
Thank you for the answer ;
Excellent game, indeed, very realistic !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
It means the US can do regime change vs Libya regardless of Libya's current governance status. Normally, RC can only be done vs Islamic regimes. So if Libya was "poor" or "fair" or even somehow "good", US could send in the troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
wifwendell wrote:
It means the US can do regime change vs Libya regardless of Libya's current governance status. Normally, RC can only be done vs Islamic regimes. So if Libya was "poor" or "fair" or even somehow "good", US could send in the troops.

Islamist please! This is getting to be a common mistake but it's crucially important we all recognise there is a big difference between Islamic and Islamist. The former refers to the religion, which any of its followers would tell you preaches peace and tolerance of other religions; the latter is an ideology which preaches the opposite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, and in the game I mean a particular form even of "Islamist Rule" (as noted in the Glossary) -- an extremist form of Islamism as found in Afghanistan under the Taliban or in parts of Iraq under al-Qaeda. Contrast that with the Islamism of, for example, HAMAS.

Thanks for the question and answers! best, vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NappyPlayer wrote:
Islamist please!
Is this what Islamists say to one another when they're shocked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbuel wrote:
NappyPlayer wrote:
Islamist please!
Is this what Islamists say to one another when they're shocked?
hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls