Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just some things that made me smile while I was browsing Ebay tonight!

"Will make a great addition to any collection"
(Exactly how will a Lord Of The Rings boardgame make a good addition to my collection of antique tea pots?)

"If you like chess antique, please don't miss this item. As you know, the Chinese has long history around the world. If you are Chinese antiques collector, please do not miss so better chance to get it. Enjoying your bidding! It will bring you and your family happy and bless!" (Bad English usually attached to an item that costs less than a happy meal but the postage from China, more than a second hand car)

"Beautiful boxed glass chess set" (horrible mass produced rubbish that can be found in every £1 shop in the country)

"S Club 7 Board Game. As New Condition. A Must See" (OK, yes, I must see it with my own eyes to believe that they even made such a game)

"Rare Yuhong mountain culture dragon" (So rare you're selling it for 1 penny?)

"UNUSUAL WOODEN DICE SET IN BOX,BRASS,GAME - £8.99" (So unusual that there are dozens on the shelves in John Lewis at a fraction of the price?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember walking through an open-air bazaar in Jerusalem years ago. Marketers claimed the same kinds of things... a nail from the cross that Jesus died on, so rare but for you only $100... those other nails? No no, those are the nails I'm using to... build my new house!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some of those didn't actually come from ebay. They don't all contain "rare", "mint" or "vintage".

My favorite is "looks complete", which means "I've opened the box and there's stuff in there. I don't have time to count stuff, I've got a vintage Harry Potter book in mint condition to sell."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or it looks all there but havnt counted them. Theres loads there but i KNOW some are missing.

The best i got was i dont know if there all there i have no way of knowing, all it says is 2 countersheets this for breakout Normandy with the big setup cards. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"RARE!"

Ususally attached to Outdoor Survival or Luftwaffe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE those chess sets! They always say "As seen in X-MEN"
Why don't they ever say "like the ones at wal*mart"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr./Ms. eBay seller:

"My game is NEW and SHRINKWRAPPED!"

"," you think as you happily submit your payment!

"...but I'm certainly not going to tell you that it was I... yes, I, who re-shrinkwrapped the game to make more $$$ from it! Bwah, hah, hah arrrh"

"angry," you yell as you open the game to find a completely used mess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Ironhat
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Outdoor Survival is Rare. Rarely played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about...

One box full of counters, unsorted. There is ALOT of counters, i just havnt time to count them. But they were all there last time i played it.

Look familiar ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TommieSL wrote:
How about...

One box full of counters, unsorted. There is ALOT of counters, i just havnt time to count them. But they were all there last time i played it.

Look familiar ?

Can you imagine in a restaurant.... Here is your meal, I'm afraid the chef didn't have the time to check the best before dates of any of the ingredients but they were in date the last time he looked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Ingram
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Old thread I know, but just couldn't resist reviving to post this.

And I quote...

"Please bid with confidence. I guarantee all I sell to be exactly as described or FULL REFUND!"

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.