Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love BGG and find a wealth of information here.

The ability to catalogue my games is a great help to track my collection (especially when it comes to maintaining a list for insurance purposes).

I also use the database to record all of my games played and to keep track of friends and family through the Geek Buddy system. I read most Geek Lists and have added comments to a number of forums.

However, I have approximately 250 roleplaying items that I'd love to catalogue and track in a manner similar to my board and miniatures games.

There was once a rumour that a sister site, roleplayinggeek.com, was to be set up... are there still plans for this site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Aldie owns RPGgeek.com, but is just way too swamped to even get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Boomhower
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
in the meantime, check out WWW.RPG.NET to sate your cravings...its where I spent all my time (and a good amount of money) before coming here...

Red

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rpggeek.com is out there, but it's always just said "Coming Soon!"

I'm with you on this -- I estimate I have over 800 roleplaying items and I really wish there was a place as snazzy as bgg where I could catalog it all. (Of course I realize I could just do it myself in MS Access or whatever, but...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue and would like to keep all games in the same place. FWIW, I din't see why we don't let them in. Enough games blur the lines anyway (Tribes for instance) and more will do so in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it would be neat, but I am thankful the RPGs are, for the most part, not on this site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ohmigoodness! So many people had kittens when we 'let' the wargamers in the door. You have no idea how many people walk up to me and say, "The 'Geek used to be kewl, but now it's completely unuseable 'cuz there are all these stoopid wargames that I don't care about cluttering up the game lists."

Can you even imagine what kinda backlash there would be if we started having Puerto Rico or Euphrat und Tigris essentially equated to D&D 4th edition's 633th module about the Scourge of Swordcoast?

RPGGeek.com is perhaps down the road. Someday. But I wouldn't look for it anytime soon. If nothing else, there are viable options available to RPG'ers, but not for BG'ers (prior to us, of course arrrh )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen
United States
Ferndale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there is going to be a site about anti-tank grenade launcher's?

Sounds kind of boring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always assumed that the RPGGeek data would be completely separate, but if you are thinking about combining them (eventually), please at least make sure the interface keeps them separate.

War games and board games are fundamentally similar. RPGs are a whole different animal (except for a few crossover products).

BTW, while I skip over most war game laden content, just like I skip over children's games, I do enjoy the contributions and perspective of the war gamers on the site. Some people might not like it, but I think it was the right thing to do.

Would RPG players also have a unique perspective to offer? Perhaps, but I think former and current RPG players are already well represented on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris GIANADDA
France
Alfortville
Ile de France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim_P wrote:
I love BGG and find a wealth of information here.

The ability to catalogue my games is a great help to track my collection (especially when it comes to maintaining a list for insurance purposes).

I also use the database to record all of my games played and to keep track of friends and family through the Geek Buddy system. I read most Geek Lists and have added comments to a number of forums.

However, I have approximately 250 roleplaying items that I'd love to catalogue and track in a manner similar to my board and miniatures games.

There was once a rumour that a sister site, roleplayinggeek.com, was to be set up... are there still plans for this site?

http://www.roliste.com
The most complete RPGclopedia database is french.

greuh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.