Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We started off the KBG session with a 7 player game of BANG! In attendance were me, Kev, Jen, Chris, Sasha, Dale, and Dale's brother, Brian.

Seating order was Dale (sherrif), Jen, Chris, Sasha, me, Brian, Kev.

Unfortunately for the outlwas and Renegade, Jen and Chris were the deputies, which provided a big buffer against the outlaws from that side. I was happy to take on the role of renegade this game since only Kev and I had played before.

The Sherrif turned out to be Jourdannais, with the permanent barrel effect which came in handy far more than 1/4 times. Jen had the ability that if her second card was heart or diamond she got an extra card (which hardly ever occured), Chris was "trigger-happy" in that he could play as many BANG cards as he wanted, Sasha was Suzy L. who always would have a card in hand, my character let me draw 3 cards and take the 2 I wanted, Brian could draw off the discard pile, and finally, Kev got to to take the cards of any dead gunslinger.

Ok, setup out of the way- on to the shoot-out. The sherrif decided to wait and see where his enemies lay. Then Jen declined to shoot the sherrif and went after Chris- a deputy or renegade it would seem (though I knew I was the renegade). She also played the horse which made her farther away from everyone else. Chris didn't have anyone to shoot at but Sasha then, which he did a few times. Sasha used the gatling gun and a bang card on Chris. Seeing as how the gatling gun hit me, I shot Sasha, Brian shot Kev, and Kev shot the sherrif- or tried. Jourdannais seemed to have a bullet proof vest on for the whole game.

Chris kept getting shot, but he was carrying around a small keg and kept drinking himself back to health. Kev and Sasha slowly got worked down. When Kev was down to 1 bullet, I finished him off for the three cards. Unfortunately, this left the Sherrif and his deputies sitting in a good position compared to me and the other two outlaws.

Eventually Sasha went down while Brian and I fought the good fight. Brian kept shooting the Sherrif's way, but Jourdanais drew many, many hearts to avoid the bullets and had Miss cards available for the 2 times he didn't draw a heart. With both horses, a barrel, and enough Panic and Cat Ballou cards to keep any threatening guns out of the deputies' hands, I was untouched for a long time. Chris never drew a gun the whole game which meant he was unable to shoot at anyone except his fellow deputy and ended up discarding a lot of cards. I used a Gatling gun, which only ended up hitting Brian. Brian was getting knocked down pretty bad by this point, so used his cards to force Jen to discard her horse which made her farther away from everyone. However, he didn't have any Miss cards in his hand and left Jen with her high range gun, which allowed her to finish Brian off.

With 3 against one, the renegade fought until all his barrels, horses, and guns were stripped from him. The renegade was left defenseless in the middle of the street.Deputy Chris emptied his revolver into the Renegade and brought law and order back to the town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.