Andreas Resch
Austria
St. Ulrich am Waasen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Aldie ... first and most important - thumbs up for the new layout of BGG ... it's just so much better now ...

Non the less one thing would help me a big deal with selecting games for alternating game group sizes ... there are a lot of threads like "Favorite game for X players" ... so how about introducing a vote mechanism on a per-game-level to let people decide what number of players they think is best for a certain game ...

Just listening to Geekspeak and enjoying it ... keep it up ... cool

Greetings from Austria ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a pretty good idea... espeically if people could add comments like in regular rating so that when games can be expanded/shrunk from their posted # of players..

Example... Many people say Puerto Rico plays very well with the 2 player varrient yet the game is not listed as a 2 player game. If someone just voted that it is best a 2 but didn't explain that you needed special rules it might confuse new users. Also there are a couple of differnet varients out there and it would be good for people to say which varrient they are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that would be a great idea. I know I have several games that get very high marks with a certain number of players that drop into the very low numbers with different numbers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Resch
Austria
St. Ulrich am Waasen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys ... nice to see that you agree ... unfortunately I can't think of an efficient way to realize such a voting system cause I lack knowledge of database programming and mathematics ... especially when it comes to a ranking system for the "best-number-of-players"-system, I give up ... maybe Aldie knows it better and if we're lucky he will have some time to implement it ... I guess there are a lot more people who would appreciate it ...

Greetings ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.