Subject: Civil War rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cheung
Hong Kong
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
We played a game yesterday. During the game, one player with agriculture had 4 tokens in a land with population limit of 3 and he got the civil war calamity. After civil war, the land contains 4 tokens that belonged to two different players. Do we need to resolve the conflict in this land before advance to next phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Re:Civil War
toyakoyo (#465098),
I asked a very similar question under Advanced Civilization some time back. I believe it was generally agreed that no conflict took place until the next Resolve Conflict phase, and by then it is unlikely that the tokens will not have moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
toyakoyo (#465098),

The only thing you recheck after calamity resolution is city support. So the tokens would all remain until the next Conflict phase, if they were still there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is a case of exception. Most of the time, you check if there are conflicts only after the movement phase, but after a civil war and the lost of the agricultural bonus, you should resolve the conflict to avoid overpopulated territory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to say that it would be the same if there is no conflict and all tokens change hands in the same territory. If the result of the civil war give him more tokens in a territory than the limit and the new owner does not have agriculture, he lost the surplus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.