connie hamer
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
WHEN I WAS YOUNGER,IN THE '80'S, MY MOM PURCHASED A GAME ENTITLED "THE AMERICAN EXPRESS TRAVEL GAME"( I THINK THAT'S WHAT IT WAS CALLED). IT WAS BOUGHT AT A THRIFT STORE. WE PLAYED THAT GAME TO BITS,LITERALLY. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF IT AND/OR KNOW WHO MADE IT? WHERE CAN IT BE BOUGHT, TODAY?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
connie hamer
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
WHILE VIEWING YOUR SITE I ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION. WHICH IN TURN BROUGHT UP THIS ONE: HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THE WIDE WORLD TRAVEL GAME THAT WAS THE AMERICAN EXPRESS VERSION? IF SO, HOW AND WHERE DO I GET IT? IT HAD THE WORLD MAP AS THE BOARD,AIRPLANE TOKENS,ETC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Welcome to the Geek!
Sorry, I can´t help you with that game. But please stop screaming or check the Caps Lock on your Keyboard. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
Re: a travel game that was called
It sounds a it could be Money Card (subtitled An American Express Travel Game). which you can see here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6793

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McCool
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If 'Money Card' is the correct game you are thinking of - I saw it today in a thrift store that I frequent. Let me know if you want it and I will try to go and pick it up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
connie hamer
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS THE GAME I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! Now if only I can find it to purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.