Subject: Getting Started rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I am new to this site and came here in my search to find a way to play the game over the internet, or just be able to play it period. It is, for reasons beyond what I can not understand, not a very popular game. I can’t even find the board game in stores. To sum it up I love the game and would be very appreciative if anyone who helped me get started playing the game using the reefs or what every over the internet or some other method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Arthurton
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Getting Started
BadSon (#465430),

There are tons of internet resource on the links portion of the description for Diplomacy.

Check out http://www.diplom.org for a big play by email group.

Wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
the.wayner (#465517),

Thankyou very much, this site is great. It is still going to be some work, form what it looks like, to get started, but at least I am on my way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
the.wayner (#465517),

So I went to the site and got all registered, sent out a few E-mails to various Judges and waited. I asked for help and so far nothing has come. I was just wondering if ANYONE IS AFFILIATED WITH THE POUCH and would be willing to just give me a little extra help when they had some free time and needed someone to fill in one of their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
the.wayner (#465517),

So I went to the site and got all registered, sent out a few E-mails to various Judges and waited. I asked for help and so far nothing has come. I was just wondering if ANYONE IS AFFILIATED WITH THE POUCH and would be willing to just give me a little extra help when they had some free time and needed someone to fill in one of their games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Battle
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
BadSon (#466805),

You can sign up for a game on this page...
http://www.diplom.org/DP-cgi/setqueue

About halfway down the page there is a form to fill in to join a list of players wanting to play. It might take a week or two for you to get into a game, but usually not much longer than that. Once you get into a game, the (human) gamemaster will contact you and give you instructions on joining the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Jake Battle (#467744),

Thank You. I hope that this works so I can finally start playing. I am getting pretty f***ing impatient with how long it is taking to start playing. Even if this does not work Thanks, and if ANYONE ELSE WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME OUT PLEASE DO. Is there any other way to play, like just using AIM to play so negotiations can move faster and I don't have to sign up and register galore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BadSon (#468067),

I haven't used the judges in at least a year. You might check bounced.org or the Other Games forum on RPG.net and see if there are any games there currently or if anyone wants to start one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Blackberry (#468146),

Thanks, I will definitely try it out. Again, please keep the suggestions and help coming. Anyone who would like to help me out more when it comes to diplomacy in general or would like a new and enthusiastic diplomat to enter one of there games I would be grateful if you write.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Blackberry (#468146),

Once again thanks for the site, bounced. It is actually dipbounced (it was funny and at first dissapointing when I visited just bounced, but eventually I figured it out) Already I am signed up for a game, it was easier than I had hoped. Keep sending the suggestions/offers/help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Blackberry (#468146),

To everyone who was willing to send help, I feel it is time to once again thank you. Both the Diplo.com and Dipbounced.com forms of diplomacy ended up pulling through, so thanks for those suggestions. I will end by saying this, if ANYONE IS IN NEED OF A PLAYER DON"T BE AFRAID TO ASK ME, MORE THAN LIKELY I WILL BE INTERESTED
(anyone know of like a game store that holds F2D games around milwakee, I doubt it but hey, you never know?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grimm
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
BadSon (#470215),

*F2F*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.