Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
From Reuters News Service:

Dallas, Texas--Game fans everywhere today mourn the loss of Robert C. Kalajian, Jr, co-founder of Tremorworks and co-creator of the HDL role-playing system and other games. Said Sean Boyle, Kalajian's longtime collaborator and last remaining principal of Tremorworks: "Rob was just sitting at his desktop, skimming his Wall Street Journal, and preparing to check out the RSS feed at his beloved Boardgamegeek.com. I heard him swear, mutter something about 'those idiots,' and the next thing I see, he's lolling on the floor, face turning blue, and he appears to have swallowed his tongue. I dialed 911 immediately, but by the time the response team arrived, Rob was gone."

Preliminary reports from the medical examiner were released to the media due to massive interest in Mr. Kalajian's forthcoming games, Elementalis and Star Venture. Assistant medical examiner Tyler Putman gave the following details:
"Robert C. Kalajian, Jr, beloved co-creator of HDL died of natural causes. No foul play is suspected, and Sean Boyle, equally beloved co-founder of Tremorworks is in no way culpable. Every possible effort was made to resuscitate Mr. Kalajian, but his reaction to April Fools detritus across the internet was simply more than his frail form could withstand. I join the nation in mourning his passing."

Representatives of the family of Mr. Kalajian have requested that funeral arrangements remain private, in order to stem the tide of anonymous mourners who might otherwise incapacitate the State's already-beleaguered traffic grid. In lieu of flowers or other expressions of condolence, the family requests donations be made to Tremorworks, so that work on their impending game releases may continue in the absence Mr. Kalajian.

Mr. Kalajian is survived by Sean Boyle, the HDL role-playing system, and a really ugly picture of some bird-looking thing called a 'Laenhoot.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Swart
United States
Moscow
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
surprisecrylaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a sad thing, dying. I must also state that my tongue does not taste very good at all.

Rumors surrounding my death are, in fact, true. My frail body just couldn't handle the massive amounts of April Fools day postings around the Internet, causing a massive seizure in which I asphyxiated on my own tongue.

Please donate to my fund generously. It will be greatly appreciated by my wife and soon-to-be-born child if my games are published and can create a stable income for them.

I am sorry to dissapoint everyone with my death, and I can only hope to live on in my games.

PS: And it's Rob, not Bob god damnit! No one has respect for the dead anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
rkalajian wrote:
PS: And it's Rob, not Bob god damnit! No one has respect for the dead anymore.

This just in: Representatives for Reuters News Service were fired today, after it became known that they screwed up yet another nickname for a noted gaming celebrity. All prior evidence of their foolishness has been purged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's more like it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil ...but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

Representatives of the family of Mr. Kalajian have requested that funeral arrangements remain private, in order to stem the tide of anonymous mourners who might otherwise incapacitate the State's already-beleaguered traffic grid.

Seems to me like your family might want to keep details private to avoid having a huge showing of people dressed up in outfits at the funeral all sitting cross legged on graves setting up game. But that could be another mix up from the author of the article I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now this is how you do Python-esq gallows humor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Godeke wrote:
Now this is how you do Python-esq gallows humor.

"Oooh, that's a bit morbid, innit?"
"No it isn't. This is zany madcap humour."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valerie Putman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Assistant medical examiner Tyler Putman gave the following details:...

Hmmmm....so that's where my husband dissapears to all day. And I thought he worked for EB games--I am such a fool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.