Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Library Booksale Score! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So, my wife got a notice today that she had some books that were overdue at the library. I was riding down there with her to drop them in the book deposit when we spotted the familiar white tent of the library book sale. Since we didn't have to be anywhere for a little while, we ducked in and had a look.

I pawed over the cookbooks and science fiction before moving inside to the non-fiction area. First, I hit the hobbies section, hoping to find books on games -- no luck there. Then I moved over to the law section and found a couple books on starting out as a first year law student and a thick West Group book on Constitutional Law. My wife came around with an armful of novels, and we were about to leave when I checked the map one more time... then I spotted the games and puzzles section.

I darted over and looked through the selection, first spotting and scoring and unpunched issue of Strategy and Tactics and Wargamer magazine, both preserved in a large zip-top bags. There were also about forty books on bridge, but since I already have a collection at home that I haven't even cracked into, I decided to take only one. I also scored a couple of books on Go and was just about to leave when I spotted a library copy of A Gamut of Games. I was walking on air as I made my way to the register. ~12 items, $11.00. Rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Nice pull...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, did you give the library the difference in the price it was worth? If you didn't you're a heartless person indeed. They're not running a hippie commune there, you know!

(Cough, cough)

Not that I have an opinion on the matter or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think the hundreds of books I've donated to the library for booksales in the past probably makes up for the difference. Also, it was stamped as a withdrawn copy, so they really didn't want it anyway. Funny you should mention a hippie commune, as that is an apt description for Lawrence, library included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.