United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I know that some people list components of the game in the descripton or by uploading a file with the components listed, but I think it would be great that under the game name (or anywhere on the game page really) there was a link to the game's components. This way if someone doesn't list the components in the description, or if a file gets lost in a sea of game files, there would always be a set space for the game's components.

Good idea? Who knows, but I think it would be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of game rules include that information. (Many wargames include a scan of the counter sheets so you can determine if any counters are missing.)

For those that don't, that'd be a handy feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this feature would more or less shine when you get a game from ebay, a trade, or a thrift store that doesn't come with the rules or any sort of listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a "more information" link ala amazon? It could include component lists, product codes, UPCs, ISBNs, suggested age range, box dimensions, etc. That way the main listing doesn't get cluttered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Kalajian Jr
United States
Simsbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
rkalajian wrote:
I think this feature would more or less shine when you get a game from ebay, a trade, or a thrift store that doesn't come with the rules or any sort of listing.

Agreed! thumbsup
How else would we know if all pieces are there? And not all rules inventory the components (though they should).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fab idea about the component listing and I fully support the idea of supplying the suggested age range (as the proud dad of a game playing 5 year-old), although I'd advocate the age range as a piece of information I'd put on the first page for any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Age Range - I was just submitting my first games and wondered why this wasn't already there
Component Listings - Great idea. Probably should be a "second page" type thing. I actually think the game page really should be just a top level page and everything else you click from the main page to get (ie don't show all the stuff unless I ask for it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.