Carl Johan Ragnarsson
My Top 5's April 3 - 25 games in 5 categories, hopefully I will find time to update this next month with some new categories perhaps. Most games are played in the German versions, although it doesn't make a difference for most of the games. I generally like abstract games and puzzle-like games.
I would make a list of this, but it just seems like too much trouble.
1. Go - Play it every week, not as much as I used to, but it is a great game.
2. Unlur - A great game, hard to find someone to play with though.
3. Zertz - Personal favorite, more of a puzzle than a game.
4. Dvonn - Opponents got really tough on BSW.
5. Tantrix - Didn't play since the summer. A nice game though.
- Chess - Never really happy to play it.
1. Einfach Genial - Gets many plays, and lots of skill hidden there.
2. Schotten totten - Straight to the 2nd place, probably just temporarily.
3. Samurai - Thanks to the online playability.
4. Fabrik der Träume - I like this one, despite all the german in it.
5. Lost cities - Not really a favorite, but easy to get it played.
- Taj Mahal - May be balanced, but seems kind of dull.
1. Ricochet robot - Hard to get played, but a great game it is.
2. Sunda to Sahul - I really like the puzzle aspect.
3. Alhambra - For the expansions, that all blend well into the original game!
4. Carcassonne - A truly original idea, if a bit over-exploited.
5. Zendo - Like the idea, but doesn't get much play.
- Attika - Too much dullness in a good concept. 3d buildings would be cool.
1. O zoo le mio! - Cool game, the cuteness attracts me perhaps?
2. Pueblo - Personal favorite, scoring a bit strange though.
3. Tichu - Just got it, lost a few games, but really like it.
4. Set - Quick and fun.
5. Upwords - Easy to get on the table, looking for a way to revise scoring.
- Karaoke! The game - A real disappointment, never heard of most of the artists.
1. Squint - Hard for first-timers, still hard for me.
2. Time's Up - Any suggestion on how to make a European version?
3. Taboo - Always works great.
4. Cranium - Not sure about this one yet, nice with a Swedish version though.
5. Visionary - Like the concept, but hard to get it played.
- Apples to apples - Hard to find play for this one, seems a bit too random.
- Last edited Sun Apr 3, 2005 10:46 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Apr 3, 2005 10:45 pm