Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game today. Very nice game. The rules were clear, and the posts here were also useful for clarification. One question arose with a sentence in the trading phase.

"The active player can choose to buy Cards from the Goods Deck OR from his Pirate Stack." (Emphasis mine.)

Does this mean you must buy from one specific stack or the other? Or does it mean you can combine your purchases from both stacks? Limiting to one stack would definitely alter the strategy.

A second sentence doesn't help to clarify.

"He can trade how many times he wants with the other players, but can buy no more than 4 cards from the Goods Deck OR the Pirate Stack."

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Trade Phase Question
Quote:
Colorado_Jeff wrote:
One question arose with a sentence in the trading phase.

"The active player can choose to buy Cards from the Goods Deck OR from his Pirate Stack." (Emphasis mine.)

Does this mean you must buy from one specific stack or the other? Or does it mean you can combine your purchases from both stacks? Limiting to one stack would definitely alter the strategy.

A second sentence doesn't help to clarify.

"He can trade how many times he wants with the other players, but can buy no more than 4 cards from the Goods Deck OR the Pirate Stack."

You may purchase up to a total of four cards in one turn from the decks in any combination you desire. For example, you my buy three cards from the Goods Deck and one card from your Pirate Stack. You are not restricted to purchasing cards solely from one deck or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.