Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Turner
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this game 3 times now, twice with 4 players. In both those games people started to get frustrated because the game was taking too long.

Is that inherent within the structure of it or the players I play with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian T
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Too slow?
RCTurner (#466833),

FF isn't meant to be a long game - my guess is, your group spends too long to consider each move. Maybe impose a time linit or use an egg timer to decide on a move?

Also, the game plays longer when using the basic setup in my experience... try using the advanced setup rules.

We all enjoy FF in my group (anything from 2-6 players) - most games are played out in under 45 mins. I think it would get old beyond this, however...

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Too slow?
RCTurner wrote:

I'd say either the people playing it or their expectations of how long it should take. We played it four player on the weekend, where two of us had never played it before. Certainly under an hour and did not seem long at all for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Australia
Ebor
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RCTurner wrote:
I have played this game 3 times now, twice with 4 players. In both those games people started to get frustrated because the game was taking too long.

It depends on how you play.

The way that I look at it is this; it's dark, there are people screaming and running around (even a dog), the roof is falling in, there's blood and gore on the floor, there's a huge hungry monster (who sometimes looks like it played in The Residents) looking to eat you... you're not going to take your time and think, you're just going to bolt!

So, when we play I hassle people to make their move, and I encourage them to hassle me if I slow down.

If you're first it doesn't matter too much what you do. So just do it!

If you're last, then you've had time to think, so get on with it.

chx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.