Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have pointed out, this game may have more luck than some prefer. Part of that is in the luck of the card draw, and part in being able to figure out what the other 3 people are going to play (psychology, luck, whatever). What about trying some of these:

1) instead of the simultaneous reveal, players play their card in turn order. In this case, there is a disadvantage to being starting player (fairly evenly split amongst players over the course of the game) but also an advantage in the card-drawing action (1st choice).

2) Another alternative would be to again play cards in order, but either play the card-drawing action face-up, or either of the other 2 actions face-down.

3) You could combine either of these with Arthur Field's (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/68976) suggestion of allowing card-buyers to purchase a face-down card at cost, or auctioning the chosen face-up card amongst card-buyers, with minimum bid being the usual cost (once-around auction? standard?)

Anyone want to try those and get back to me??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz-Benno Delonge
Germany
München
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Another (luck-reducing?) variant
snoozefest (#467027),
your idea of playing action-cards in turn is really worth testing, and I will do so. But those who complained about luck generally referred to the fact that it is very nice to be starting player and have a very useful share card in the open set. That is so, and this thing wouldnt change with your rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
bennodelonge wrote:
snoozefest (#467027),
your idea of playing action-cards in turn is really worth testing, and I will do so. But those who complained about luck generally referred to the fact that it is very nice to be starting player and have a very useful share card in the open set. That is so, and this thing wouldnt change with your rule.

Oooh! Be sure to credit me in the rules revision if it becomes a variant (or even the standard?) rule

By the way, good job on Dos Rios, too! I am also looking forward to learning Hellas at Origins this year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.