Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently moved to Wichita, KS and entered a kind of gaming drought (Haven't found any groups native to Wichita yet). So with my wife going out of town this weekend it occurred to me that I have the freedom to take a day off and travel to where the games are So my question is: Are there any game groups or clubs meeting in Kansas City or Oklahoma City (or someplace else a comparable distance from Wichita) this weekend that would welcome another player?

Thanks in advance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can check with Ryno8 to see if the Kingmakers are meeting this weekend in Kansas City. I might be up for some gaming Sunday, but I also have some work to do on my car, and I'm not certain how long that will keep me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Marshall,

I live in Lawrence, and I'd be more than willing to do some gaming this weekend. I'm not sure who else in the area might be up for games though; perhaps I could convince Scott Reed to join us. He's from Lawrence as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I see Scott beat me to it already. Sunday would be fine with me! Otherwise, the Kingmakers meet Sunday at 5 at Pulp Fiction Comics & Games in Lee's Summit. However, from what I've heard from Ryan, it's pretty overrun with non-boardgamers though. If you need a fix, it still might work for you though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I live in Lawrence, and I'd be more than willing to do some gaming this weekend.

Chad, awesome. I'd like to take you up on that. I sent you a private message a couple weeks ago to see if you wanted to game this weekend but maybe it didn't go through or got lost in the shuffle or something.

The kingmakers thing is an option for me. It doesn't start till 5:00 though which would make it hard for me to get back to Wichita at a decent hour for work on Monday. I was kind of hoping to start earlier in the day. Send me a private message and lets see if we can coordinate something.

Thanks,
Marshall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sinclair
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambulance LTD in Lawrence on Thursday anyone
Slightly off topic, but if any of you are interested in going to a very good concert at the Bottleneck in Lawrence on Thursday, Ambulance LTD is playing.

You can check them out on their website www.ambulancenyc.com

My wife was supposed to go but she is working. They are alternative pop/rock.

just private message me.

And please no flames to me since I added on a non-board game topic....i just thought I would follow the thread for locals around Lawrence. Would this be better put in the geographical forums anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marshall,

SuperFantasticGamingHour will be having a picnic on Sat the 16th. If your wife is into rubber stamping & card making, you can bring her along. She & my wife can stamp to their hearts content.
Send me a msg if you're interested. I can get you info & the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.