United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the Buy It Now price...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

OK...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=listforsa...

I had the chance to buy it for $14.99 a few months ago, but I figured I'd wait for the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
"Insanely rare"? Hardly. I've seen copies of this game go up for a $9.99 Buy It Now price, and go right through the entire auction without a bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you can't blame the guy for trying. Obviously a P.T. Barnum disciple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I figured it out... The versions on eBay and the BGG store are different editions. The store here has the standard edition, but apparently the game being sold on eBay is the "insanely rare" edition. I wonder what got changed for the insanely rare version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He doesn't even have a picture of it. I wouldn't want to buy it with out a picture. It is probably missing pieces. Hense how rare it is. - It is really rare to find one with these specific pieces missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Ahhh...The rarity... can feel...can feel myself slip..ping...... need to call doctor... now.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Dreifuss
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the ones for sale on BGGM. The last one says:

"Played once. Otherwise Like New."

Does this mean that if he hadn't played it, it would be Like New?

--Bert
www.dreifuss.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's well worth the asking price. When Face2Face republish the game in June, everyone else will be buying the commonplace version, making this rare one even more exceptional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Mundelein
Illinois
flag msg tools
isbert wrote:
I looked at the ones for sale on BGGM. The last one says:

"Played once. Otherwise Like New."

Does this mean that if he hadn't played it, it would be Like New? :D

Yes. Specifically, it means: "No wear and tear, all facets of the game are intact. Game maybe played once or twice." In fact, it's only 60% punched (enough to play half of a three-player game). I never thought about it before, but is "intact" meant to imply "unpunched"? I'm just trying to follow the guideline:

BGG Administrators wrote:
It is extremely important that you accurately describe the items that you list for sale. Please use this policy as a guideline for rating the condition of your games. Users not abiding this policy will have their accounts removed from the system.

# New - A brand new unused, unopened, and undamaged game in perfect condition. The original packaging and all materials are in brand new condition.
# Like New - Game just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets of the game are intact.
# Very Good - Very minimal wear and tear. All game materials are present. You would give this item to a friend as a gift.
# Good - Minor damage to the box and/or its contents. All game materials are present. Game maybe played once or twice.
# Acceptable - Some damage to the box, but the game is still intact. Possible split corner(s) on the box. Maybe missing a non-crucial game piece. Possibly missing rules/instructions, but are available on the web. Scuffing on the game board.

According to the policy, I don't see how I can list a played game as anything better than Good, but I want my potential customers to know that there is no damage to the box, etc. Personally, I would never give a played, partially punched game to a friend as a gift. Maybe I'm being too picky, but it bothers me when an item is listed on BGG as Like New (or sometimes even New) with the seller then describing it as having been played; I find that to be misleading. (It really bothered me to see a game I had played and traded away be listed for trade by its new owner as "unplayed.") If you have similar qualms with my own listing descriptions, I will gladly listen to any recommendations you have for making it more accurate. I would rather pleasantly surprise a buyer than disappoint one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think comments are essential, because different people have different standards. I have given a punched game to someone as a gift. It was an out of print game, and the recipient was thrilled to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.