Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg051&page=...

It looks like A/R are playing for a two-way draw. However, I believe someone is naive to think that will happen....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rod:

I was actually tremendously disappointed by this last turn. Judging from the past moves, Russia was expecting Turkey's Aegean fleet to convoy the Arch-Duke's Greek army into Smyrna, but it looks like that is where the brave Sultan's soldiers were headed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rod,

I would have thought that too, judging from Russia's handing over of Portugal to Austria, after ranting and raving at me about how I was handing the game over to Austria. But, perhaps everyone is just tired and ready to play a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
to me it looks like Russia and Austria trying to figure out how to solo and Turkey hoping they need him for a 3 way.

If I were the turk thats how I would play.... Give me the 3 way or he other guy gets the solo uncontested.

but heck i am not playing now and ha russia well on its way to an early exit.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael:

Turkey has been trying to give up the game for 3 turns. For some reason, Bulgaria became the point of contention - hey, maybe that's YOUR faultdevil. All 4 (RAIT) owned it and it was more or less being shared. When Turkey was kicked out of Spain, I lent Bulgaria to Turkey and assumed that I could have it back when Turkey went after France in Fall 1910, however Turkey instead worked with France and didn't get an SC. Subsequently Turkey attacked me there and my forces were overwhelmed, so I built a fleet in Sevastopol to protect the workers of Odessa from the marauding Turks (who have invaded Sevastopol!)

Rod, as you know, Austria could have won this game already twice (guaranteed) and didn't do it, so it's really a question of what we do when Turkey is finished. I am happy at this point with any result that has the buzzards picking at the carrion of the Sultan's brave retreating soldiers and (judging by his moves) Austria likely feels the same way.

Kimapesan, I guessed wrong about you and the Sultan. I thought that Turkey would attack my fleet with your support, so I had to make sure that you were removed. It was nothing personal and I got Holland in the trade. Amsterdam is way more fun than Lisboa, though the weather is abysmal.

As for a three-way with Turkey... our sailors speak of such things happening in the harems (I won't get into the doll aspect of it - truly disgusting) of Constantinople and are anxious to see whether it's true or not. In this state of mind, it is difficult to stop them from swimming to shore to explore the narrow passages of the old city.

On a practical note, does anybody know what Turkey's retreat is? My guess is that he will just destroy the fleet rather than fight me. Word on the street is that the Sultan's balls are in exile already.

Yours for the REVOLUTION!

Comrade Mgringo
devildevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.