Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
If you have an odd number of units, does the frontline force have to contain the extra odd guy? So, if you have 3 committed units, do you have to put 2 in frontline and 1 in support, or can you put 1 on frontline and 2 on support?

What if there's only one unit? Can it be designated support and have no frontline unit in front of it? (Moot question if the answer to the above is that the odd unit always goes to frontline.)

How do you have a battle between two empires controlled by one person? (This might be in the rules but it's late... sorry... if so, feel free to tell me to read the rulebook )

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Combat questions (easy ones)
Gidday J,

you write:

MUKid wrote:
If you have an odd number of units, does the frontline force have to contain the extra odd guy? So, if you have 3 committed units, do you have to put 2 in frontline and 1 in support, or can you put 1 on frontline and 2 on support?

HR> The odd must go front.

What if there's only one unit? Can it be designated support and have no frontline unit in front of it? (Moot question if the answer to the above is that the odd unit always goes to frontline.)

HR> Moot I'm afraid.

How do you have a battle between two empires controlled by one person?

HR> You run both sides.

(This might be in the rules but it's late... sorry... if so, feel free to tell me to read the rulebook )

Thanks!

No worries.

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Harry Rowland (#467576),
Thanks Harry! That's the way we've been playing it, as it made the most sense, but it's good to know that it's also the "correct" way to play. That sort of makes leaving an archer behind all alone a dangerous thing, huh? Gee, that seems almost intentional, as if you'd always have to pair an archer with a spearman.

Great design, and I'm having a blast. I've played two sessions now of what looks to be a 4-5 session Total History game (we can only afford to put in 4 hours tops at a time!) and it's very fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
MUKid (#467719),

Glad you're liking it Jay.

Regards
Harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.