Subject: dry? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Is this really dry? I heard that it has less theme than tigris and euphrates. I have never played t and e, but somehow samurai really attracts me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mellott
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:dry?
oboman2002 (#468159),

Try the free trial of Samurai online and see if you like it:

http://www.klear.com/samurai/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
oboman2002 (#468159),

I thought it was dry as a bone. I bought it, played it, and traded it away all within two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oboman2002 (#468159),

It's odd. I find it to be very dry; the subject could be anything. But at the same time, the atmosphere of the little simulated-lacquered-wood pieces is great and the shape of Japan really creates the limiting areas on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Gonzalez
Mexico
Laredo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oboman2002 (#468159),
Dont exactly know what dry means in game terms. However I do think that Samurai has a neat theme and an excellent design. The scoring mechanism is very interesting too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Leonardo (#468382),

"Dry" in the sense that the theme of the game is sending political advisors to influence local leaders of the three castes in order to get them to support you as shogun; however, the game play is playing tiles to surround figures and capture them for scoring. For that game play, the theme could be anything; feudal Japan as a theme isn't built into the rules of the game. It could be a game about presidential elections in the US; it could be a game about wolf packs claiming hunting grounds; it could be a game about rock bands fighting over famous guest artists for their upcoming albums. And none of those would require the slightest change in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.