Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Land mines?
For the landings the answer is a resounding yes. I think DOW tried to account for this with the wire and beach obstacles. If an additional mines are used than the US/Allied forces would have to be ramped up.

Table Tactics has an A&A expansion that includes Mines and I am sure you could come up with other creative ways to represent them.

One easy way to implement mines would be to say that for each wire or hedgehog that exists that a mine is also in that hex, each unit that enters that hex has to roll a die, if a star comes up the player must remove one unit. Once the mine is gone no futher rolls are made, so the most each mine could take out would be one unit.

I don't think mines were a big enough factor in any of the other scenarios to warrant their inclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonja (#468415),
I had thought about that at one point... the only thought I had was to take a blank hex sheet which is hidden from the other player. The axis gets to choose two hexes on the field which contain mines. When the Allies step onto one of those two hexes, they have to roll a die to see if it discharges. If the Axis is forced into one of the two hexes via retreat or other means, they have to roll as well.

There are obviously certain honesty concerns, but as long as the Axis player is forthright with which hexes they've chosen, good or bad, it could be a fun variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
richardolen2 (#468502),
I think I can reveal that much: there will be land mines in the upcoming Expansion #1 on new terrains.
Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ville k
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Erich (#468755),

That's great news! Gotta get that expansion as soon as it's released

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Jensen
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can actually read the rules for the expansions now at the official site.
The mines will be repressented by counters placed face down (so you cannot see the number on them). They are revealed when enemy units move into them, and range from 0 (no mines) to 4, and then you roll the number of dice indicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.