Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think that TI is one of those rare games that could be tuned toward the preferences of almost any gaming group. This game has so many different aspects and so many directions the gameplay could head (wargame, diplomacy, politics, etc), has anyone here ever created any variants to focus on just one of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Baumbach
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:The versatility of TI
bsushort (#468484),

You mean create a variant that focuses on winning via just trade or just warfare?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Short
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bsushort (#468484),
I really thought of this when talking to a friend about how much fun the Political SC is to the game, and how it would be interesting to have more Politics in the game. Also, I was curious as to how the game plays as a straight wargame.

But basically, I was looking for any variants that shift the focus of the game one way or another. Victory may not depend solely on the chosen aspect, but it would play an increased role compared to normal. With a game this complex and with so many aspects, I was surprised that I hadn't seen any true variants yet. (Most alleged variants are just different ways of handling ISC)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mowat
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
bsushort (#469375),

Hi there - I put up my Political variant at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/462320

If you think it's worth trying, please let me know if it works out for you!

-Johnson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last game, we played, a strong "Trade" strategy did really well.

1 VP - I now spend 10 resources
1 VP - I now spend 10 influence.
2 VP - I now spend 12 trade goods.

One player got 4 VP by doggedly pursuing the Trade strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.